SP Native Controller Support by Mgamerz
Mass Effect 3 Native Controller Support for SinglePlayer
This mod brings the full power wheel from the Xbox version of the game into PC along with native controller support in the interfaces for Xbox 360 controllers. The power wheel for standard keyboard and mouse is changed to the ones for controllers and optimizes a few interfaces for PC. This mod will scale up interfaces to make them appear the same size as they do on Xbox.
Multiplayer does not work while this mod is installed
You will need to uninstall this mod and install the MP version to play MP, they cannot be both installed at the same time.
Only XInput controllers are supported
This mod will work with any controller that uses the XInput protocol for button inputs to Windows. This means Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S/X (and many other third party controllers). Controllers such as the Sony DS4, Google Stadia, and Switch Pro Controller have been verified as working but require the use of third party software to map their inputs to XInput, such as DS4Windows and Steam.
Drag and drop this mod’s download onto Mod Manager to import it into Mod Manager. Install the same way as any other Mod Manager mod. Uninstallation directions are in the mod description in Mod Manager.
Note for Steam users
You must ensure that Steam's controller profile is set to 'Gamepad', otherwise it will convert your controller inputs into mouse inputs, which will not work.
This mod is not included in any version of Mod Manager. It requires Mod Manager 6.2 and up to work.
Please read the included mod description in Mod Manager! It answers many common questions.
- 1.03: Removed MP menu (broken), can now turn and run at the same time
- 1.04: Includes fix for Genesis2 DLC (via injection).
- 1.041: Updated mount.dlc to show errors if DLC is not authorized
- 1.05x: Fixes for GENESIS2
- 1.06x: Dialog Wheel & Subtitle scaling
- 1.07: Heaps of bugfixes for compatibility and non-citadel DLC users, translations for citadel DLC and non-english languges, and more. To use Genesis2 run the .cmd file in the mod folder.
- 1.07x: Adds the disabling of controller vibration via a variant. Bug fixes from 1.07.
- 1.080: Dynamic scaling for subtitles and other small bugfixes
- 1.090: Atlas HUD scaling, bugfixes, gutted some unnnecessary files
- 1.091: Fixes Leviathan Despoinia counter not being scaled up, properly scales player revival indicator
- 1.092: Now requires Mod Manager 4.2.3. Raises mount priority to 5500, removes need to install Genesis 2 manually, fixes non 16:9 power wheel
- 2.0: Can now enter face codes into the character creator. Skip splash screen with any key press or start like the MP version of this mod.
- 2.01: Removed a debug feature left in by BioWare that could be triggered by pressing Y in the pause menu. The game will no longer accept input and won't softlock.
- 2.1xx: Improved compatibility with Citadel Epilogue Mod and Expanded Galaxy Mod. Make sure to install SP Controller Mod as the final DLC mod. Other changes include:
- -- Save limit increased from 30 to 500
- -- Mount priority raised from 5500 to 31040
- -- You can disable branding by going to Mod Utils > Alternate Installation Options > Remove Branding
- -- Vibration variants have been removed. You can now edit vibration settings in game like the console versions
- -- Now requires Mod Manager 4.5
- 2.2: Added italian translation, fixed single error in INT translation
- 2.3: Compacted AFC, reducing mod size by 40MB
- 2.31: Fix audio issue that was introduced in 2.3's Galaxy Map/li>
- 2.32: Removed variant for no aim assist and moved it to Alternate options menu, made compatible with Mod Manager 6
- 2.33: Fix compatibility with Mod Manager 6
- 3.0: Completely remade version of the mod, no longer requires GUI Compatibility Pack
- 3.1: Scale up additional non-scaled interface
- 3.2: Fix compatibility with Expanded Galaxy Mod
- 3.3: Actually fix compatibility with Expanded Galaxy Mod
- 3.4: Now requires Mod Manager 6.2, as it uses the new image features. No functional changes since 3.3.
This is a very ancient video showcasing early work on the controller mod.
- If you are online at game startup the turret exiting text will be wrong. BioWare has this string TLK defined in their live TLK file that is downlaoded every startup and it will supercede this mod. It has no impact on gameplay, cosmetic only.