MP Native Controller Support by Mgamerz
Mgamerz has brought support for Xinput controllers to Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer with the MP Controller Support mods! It has been tested to work with Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, and reports of PS3 controllers using certain programs to map PS3 to Xbox input schemes.
This mod brings the Xbox interface and controls to the PC's multiplayer. It does not work in singleplayer, and the mods are not compatible for merging.
This mod is not included in any version of Mod Manager. It requires Mod Manager 5.1 and up to work. To add it to Mod Manager, drag the .7z file onto the main window of Mod Manager and import the mod. It will keep itself up to date as long as you have mod updates turned on.
Non-Scaling Version (UI is the same size as standard PC game)Download Non-Scaling v1.31 from ME3Tweaks
Scaling Version (UI is the same size as would be on Xbox. Better for TV/Monitors over 1080p)Download Scaling v1.31 from ME3Tweaks
NexusMods also hosts this mod. You can choose which one you want to download on the downloads page.Download v1.31 from NexusMods
- v0.3: Removed MP menu (broken), can now turn and run at the same time
- v0.4: Added xbox textures to UI. Now requires TESTPATCH coalesced. ModMaker mods will now publish TESTPATCH items into MP5 instead.
- v0.5/0.51/0.52: Interfaces now work off host
- v0.53: Added delta Enable Options, which disables sticks in GUI (essentially acts off host) but makes options able to be saved
- v0.60: Removed Patch1 module, now only uses TESTPATCH and RECKONING. Controls work as soon as you start the game, title screen is skipped, cover turn has been fixed.
- v0.70: Weapon Bench now uses the XBOX UI
- -----Changelogs below apply to both NonScaled and Scaled versions of the mod------
- v0.80: Press RT to ready translantions for all languages, hides PC Quick Slot buttons (they didn't work anyways), allow saving of some options in game (use ME3 Config tool to edit graphics settings), other bugfixes.
- v0.81 (Scaling only): Scaling bugfix for 16:10
- v0.82: Fixed melee and aiming hint text, added variant to disable vibration and motion blur, added stick config and trigger config to in-game options.
- v1.0: Fixes softlock that would occur if you pressed Y in the pause menu. It attempted to load a debug mode that bioware used to debug the game which was removed in the shipping version.
- v1.01 (Scaling only): Fixes incorrect placement of +Points kill text on screens not at 720p.
- v1.1 Vibration settings are now in game. Removes vibration variants and motion blur variants. Motion blur is now permanently off (rather than on).
- v1.3 Added support for conversation wheel and a few other singleplayer interfaces you might encounter while using this mod
- v1.31 Update to ensure compatiblity with Mod Manager 6
MP Controller Support modifies the following items:
- BASEGAME (Startup.pcc | EntryMenu.pcc | Engine.pcc | SFXGame.pcc | BIOP_MP_COMMON.pcc)
- RETALIATION (Startup_DLC_CON_MP4_INT.pcc) [SCALING VERSION ONLY]
- RECKONING (MPLobby.pcc | All DLC_Shared_[LANG].tlk files)
- TESTPATCH (Default_DLC_TestPatch.bin | Patch_GUI_MP_HUD.pcc | Patch_WeaponModMods.pcc | Patch_WeaponModStats.pcc | Patch_SFXPawn_Player.pcc [SCALING VERSION ONLY])
- Off host menus require you to use the DPad (not the stick) to navigate. You cannot rotate your character in the appearance window off host.
- Melee, Aiming and medi-gel take 2 presses to work on the first use. On the first press it is mapping to the original name of the keybind to make it work off host.
- The Talon Mercenary Engineer is hopelessly broken on the DPAD. He's already broken on keyboard input and it's even worse on controller.