Hello there, I'm Mgamerz, and I'm the owner of ME3Tweaks. For years, when people have asked me about donations, I've told them that I don't accept donations on my work. As ME3Tweaks has expanded over the years, the costs of running my services also has increased with it. You might think that's weird since I run ad on the top of all my pages. Don't ads make me money? Well, yes, but not really.
If you're tech savvy at all, you're using an ad-blocker. Since most of my userbase are mod users or developers, almost all of my users are savvy enough to install an ad-blocker. I don't blame them. Ads are really nasty and even I run an adblocker on almost all pages for safety reasons. The donation banner says you can turn it off to support the site, but that doesn't really change anything as ads pay almost nothing. In the many years I have run ME3Tweaks I've only been paid twice, and it only covered the cost of running the site for a year.
I've been conflicted over accepting donations for some time. I do not want to make it appear that I am working for money. I do all of the work for ME3Tweaks in my spare time as a hobby. I never once have expected to be paid, I don't create mods or tools on commission, and I honestly do not like people who try to make mods for money, since the mods are built on top of the work of others. I stand by this stance still. However, I must also accept that running ME3Tweaks and providing services to users for free is not cheap either.
To be more transparent about what it actually costs to run ME3Tweaks, here's what I pay for on my own:
ME3Tweaks.com - $120/year - Met until July 2021!
- All website pages including ME3Tweaks ModMaker
- Updater service for mods and Mod Manager
- Mod identification and importing services
- Log viewing services for multiple modding tools
- Mod showcasing for third party developers
Code signing certificate ($180/year) - Met until July 2021!
- Used to sign all of my software so you don't get as many warning prompts, and you know I'm the one who signed off on it. A code signing certificate increases application trustworthiness to programs such as antivirus scanners and can reduce the issues they introduce
NexusMods Premium subscriptions ($60/year) - Met until July 2021!
- Used to quickly test mods for compatibility with Mod Manager and implement support for them
Various software licenses (~$130/year) - Met until July 2021!
- Sublime Text
- Software library subscriptions
- Google Drive for collaboration
- Camtasia subscription for video tutorials
- Icon and image licensing for various parts of ME3Tweaks
The quick and easy option? NexusMods Premium subscription donation
The easiest and most useful donation you could give, if you really feel inclined, would be a NexusMods Premium subscription. I extensively use my subscription to download mods at full speed, which I do dozens of times a week. I use it to assist developers with their mods, test compatibility, and give feedback to mod developers on their work. It is an invaluable thing to have. As this is a non-monetary donation, I am more comfortable receiving donations such as this. I am not profiting from this since it's a tool I use mainly for continuing my work through ME3Tweaks.
Click this link to open my NexusMods profile to donate a NexusMods premium subscription. Click the 'GIFT PREMIUM' button, and then follow the prompts.
Additionally, you are supporting NexusMods, the largest mod hosting website on the internet. Bandwidth is not cheap (I know this as a website owner), and they provide a home for free to nearly all of the mods in the Mass Effect scene (outside of ME3Tweaks).
I am not the kind of person that likes the idea of taking monetary donations. But I've come to realize I am spending a significant amount of money on this site and its services. So if people really want to donate, I am okay with the idea that I can put the money to what I think would be the best use.
- If ME3Tweaks.com is self sustaining, I'll remove all the ads since they won't need to be around to sustain the site. Not like they were helping much anyways. - Threshold met till July 2021
- The rest of the services would be paid (Code signing, software library licenses) - Threshold met till July 2021
- If somehow there is additional money, I'll donate it to a charity that hits close to home for me: The Suicide Prevention Lifeline.
I would like to make clear that donations do not fund future development. These donations are to help pay for the services ME3Tweaks provides to users and some of the tools that I write. I do not work for pay on my mods or my site - it makes me sick to even think about that. Donations would be to only fund the infrastructure and software licensing for ME3Tweaks.
With all that out of the way, if you're still interested in donating, you can do so through Paypal at the link below.