Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

Yes, and see how that one works.
I will have a guide on how to make your own compatibility packs soon. It's really easy.
VagnerMA

Post by VagnerMA »

Thanks again for the quick reply. Searched the web and Nexus site, and can't seem to find the previous versions of EGM to download, guess I will have to wait on this one.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I'll get a video out today for you showing how to make a compatibility pack. That way you won't have to have him upload it again.
VagnerMA

Post by VagnerMA »

I will gladly wait for it. Thanks so much for the support.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

VagnerMA wrote:I will gladly wait for it. Thanks so much for the support.
I will make a standard video, but I'll have to attach a few extra directions because the controller support mod will need an update to make this feature work. You can manually apply the fix (its easy) and I'll show you how.

Going to record it now, should be up in like 2 hours.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

So I've made the video, but unfortunately the tool seems to have broken on one of the files. The code is pretty shaky.

For now I think you'll need Kinkojiro to release one more compat package while I do some more testing to figure out whats going on.
VagnerMA

Post by VagnerMA »

Take your time , no trouble :D Still glad you guys are so supportive.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

It's really weird. I have my "public" version that I actually use, and then my developer version I build from my coding IDE. Creating 2 GUI compat packages (1 from each), on the same game install, should lead to identical results. But they don't. I don't get why. The one I personally doesn't work - the one I use for dev does. No idea whats going on.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

I will have a go an make a build. @VagnerMA I may need you to test it as I dont have a controller.

Functionally 0.9.16 is identical to 0.9.15 so it shouldn't make any difference.

EDIT: Very weird. The Nor_001_Global file hasn't changed since January. Yet for some reason updating other files to 0.9.16 causes the 0.9.15 version to have I/O errors. This doesnt happen unless it is patched. Very very weird.

Anyway. I have redone it and rolled out a new version via CMM. Try to update and let me know if that fixes it.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I've been noticing errors in the GUI transplanter. I have reviewed the code and everything Moonshine did to replace the data (which is literally update the size of an array in the GUI export, and then replace the array data with the new GUI bytes) and its perfectly solid. But for some reason, depending on how a file was modified previously, the code from ME3Explorer (PCCObject) just doesn't work. I have been working on Giftfish's BioD_CitHub_Underbelly and I'm noticing that the file size from the old to new version is still teh same size. This is on a decompressed file. There seems to be some trailing useless data. The data is changing, but because of htis garbage data at the end, I can't really figure anything out as I can't tell whats garbage data and what's real data in a hex editor for comparisons.

Saving the file the same way ME3Creator does (destructive) makes the file work again, but that method won't work on DLC pcc's if I recall what you said about seekfreeshadercache. Using this method trimmed about 1MB off of that underbelly file.

I updated the GUI transplanter code to use 2.0.4 version of PCCObject, but it looks like that code has its own set of problems.