Adjusting Sync Kill Frequency

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
scifidownbeat

Adjusting Sync Kill Frequency

Post by scifidownbeat »

Are there any mods that adjust the frequency of (or even disable) sync kills from enemies, either in MP or SP? Does anyone know how this could be accomplished? Is it as simple as changing some numbers in a data file or would it involve code injections or some other process?

I've been searching for info about this on the forum and on the website but haven't found anything.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Adjusting Sync Kill Frequency

Post by Mgamerz »

http://me3tweaks.com/modmaker

You can adjust tons of stuff there, including sync kill for both SP and MP. Right now its down for upgrading which should be finished shortly.
UltimateSpinDash

Post by UltimateSpinDash »

I just found out the hard way that setting the sync kill chance to 0 does not prevent enemies from performing sync kills (Phantoms at least).
Is this some case of 0 = 1 | Infinite or is it downright impossible to deactivate sync kills (without using Dynamic Mix Ins.)?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

What is your mod code? You adjusted it across all difficulties?
UltimateSpinDash

Mgamerz wrote:What is your mod code? You adjusted it across all difficulties?
Code: 3050

And yes, I did adjust it across all difficulties and checked for the one that was relevant to this example (Gold Phantom). The only enemies that should trigger sync kills are Husks / Abominations.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The values in your published mod all indicate values of 0.01.
https://me3tweaks.com/modmaker/mods/3050.xml

Search for SyncKillChance. You need to set them to 0 or they will still have a chance. I tested saving values at 0 and it worked on the phantom.
UltimateSpinDash

Mgamerz wrote:The values in your published mod all indicate values of 0.01.
https://me3tweaks.com/modmaker/mods/3050.xml

Search for SyncKillChance. You need to set them to 0 or they will still have a chance. I tested saving values at 0 and it worked on the phantom.
I changed it to 1% afterwards and set the sync kill range for enemies to 1 on those that already support it. Though I haven't yet tried to trigger a sync kill after these changes.

I do know that in one game, I got synced at least twice by Phantoms despite chance being set to zero.

I'll run another test though.

EDIT: Okay, Praetorians seem to respect the 0%. I'll make a note to try again with Phantoms on my next revision.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I can see if phantoms have some code where sync kill frequency is ignored.
UltimateSpinDash

I can confirm Phantoms WILL sync kill me. However it appears not all melee strikes allow them to do so, only the default one (which they usually do first) does. Their alternate melees apparently don't enable sync kills.

Maybe the sync kill is actually tied to the attack itself? I'm no expert, but if the phantoms Sync kills are based on such a condition it might ignore the chance set in the ModMaker.

I'll see if and what other enemies behave like that.

EDIT: I just tested, I was unable to provoke any other enemy into sync killing me. I didn't bother with Husks / Abominations since they are meant to perform their jump attack in my mod.