how do i use Tanks Tools?

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
seekere71

how do i use Tanks Tools?

Post by seekere71 »

hey i need a little, or maybe a lot, im not sure, of help with Tanks Tools. i used Tanks Coalesce Tool to decompile my Coalesced.bin file for the purpose of modding a few things. they were mainly lowering the cooldown times of biotics, regardless of encumbrance, & making 2 bonus powers available at the beginning of the game. i dont know how well things worked due to the fact that i am unable to recompile the previously decompiled files back into a cohesive Coalesced.bin file. i dont know if instructions were included in previous versions, but there werent any in the version i downloaded. i dl'd all Tanks tools just in case i missed something(like i needed 1 to decompile & a different 1 to recompile), but i figured anything out yet.
its a little frustrating since i spent a good few hours figuring out WHAT i wanted to do & then HOW to do it, but i cant even try any of it out cuz i cant put these pieces back together so i can test it out. thats NOT to say i dont like these tools or anything like that. i see how powerful they are, but the full impact is wasted if i cant implement anything i think ive figured out. so if ANYONE(whether its "Tanks" or anyone else)knows how to RECOMPILE ALL of these .xml files(as i assume they ALL need to be put back together in order to get a FULLY functional Coalesced.bin) back into a cohesive whole, & would spell out said directions here id greatly appreciate it. thanks a lot for taking the time to read all this as well as attempting to help me out by answering my query. all of you that make these mods that help people like me enjoy their games even more than we did originally, are awesome & worthy of much R-E-S-P-E-C-T. i thank you!
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: how do i use Tanks Tools?

Post by Mgamerz »

Mod manager had a coalesced GUI you can use, or you can just drag and drop the Coalesced.XML (it will be the <original filename>.XML) back onto his exe. A new .bin file will appear in the folder along with the other XML files. If one does not, you have a syntax error somewhere.