EGM / SP controller compatibility

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: EGM / SP controller compatibility

Post by Mgamerz »

Some new info.

When you use controller mod + EGM + Compat, you get interfaces with the PC buttons (like normal) but responds to console inputs. This happens across many interfaces on the normandy (and other things like citadel). War Assets terminal is fully broken.

When you use only controller mod: All UIs work with teh correct interfaces for xbox.

When you use controller + compat (not EGM) you get the right interfaces as well (obviously stuff doesn't work from your mod if i try to select them).

That's really weird. Something *in* EGM is actually breaking the UIs but I've looked over them and don't see anything. I took the war asset GUI file, stripped out any code that would show the PC buttons, but nothing changed. I've seen this before in MP with dybuk, but I don't know how it's fixable, or what really causes it. Its like it loads the lowest mount and doesn't load it again. But that doesn't make sense, right? Because moonshine's mod wouldn't have worked either.

What all in GUI's did you change? I see your coaelsced files changes quite a bit of things, but I don't see anything that stands out as conflicting. I'm going to try a direct transplant into your mod (not compat) and see if that makes a difference.

GUI Transplanter tool didn't work with decompress because I didn't compile Decompress.exe so I didn't now it required NDesk.Options.dll. You can copy that directly from the ME3Explorer folder and add it to the same and it'll work.

Edit: GUITransplanter uses the decompress.exe to decompress PCC files and then save them. I changed some of the saving logic... maybe something messes up there. I've updated my code to not save files that don't have any thing modified in terms of swf files... Interestingly, getting illegal headers and unknown compression algorithms on some of the pcc's it works on. This will probably take some time to figure out.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Interesting. I have no idea. I didn't change anything in the war asset UI. The only ones I modded were the terminals, where I edited the icons and text (via the coalesced) but those work fine.

I have made extensive changes to the coalesced in terms of new war assets and re-categorizing. Suppose it maybe possible that is causing an issue somewhere.

Here is a coalsced without any war assets in it.

Default_DLC_CON_MAPMOD.bin
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I don't think the list items would change it. I'm talking to dybuk, he knows a lot about the swf stuff too. Something is broken with my GUI tool and compressed pccs. Why are yours compressed? Save space?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I changed my transplanter to use save instead of altsave, and it seems to have worked. I think this just appends an export so it will grow in size over time (something I'll need to make sure doesn't happen).

I was able to inject all the necessary interfaces INTO your mod. I'll try to move them into a the compat pack to see if those work. I seem to be able to do everything while they're injected into your mod... except buy or select stuff in some parts of your requestions pages. I'm making a video showing you what's going on, but things like 'alliance requisition' in the citadel system don't let me buy guns, only the things like kodiak. Additionally, menus with a + are a problem, because on the interfaces I'm not seeing a way to expand them on controller. In stores I don't think there ever was a + button so the store UI doesn't actually support them on a controller.

Additionally I got some galaxy map music that disappeared for a while (same as my mod had, but i have the dlc installed, so idk what's up with that)

Sent you a PM on this forum.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Great. The reason you cannot buy certain items is that I didn't set a buy key in the coalesced on some items. With KM it is unnecessary to have the extra button but it is easy enough to fix. Interestingly the main stores seem to default to a purchase button but not custom stores. The + icon maybe the same. The Normandy procurement terminal has + icons in the vanilla game.

So the war assets terminal works if you do a direct injection?

i.e. Can mod manager handle the injection and installation.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Mod manager right now isn't built to inject those custom interfaces right now or mod existing custom dlcs. It can ibstall them and soon be able to import them, and eventually inject GUi files from a "repository", user or mod specified. An example would be a repo for 16:10 larger subtitles, or a 16:9 controller mod UI.

Today I have built a way to import a custom dlc mod as a mod manager mod. This will help build a mount priority database/TLK database for modders. I'll have to vet some of the data I get so its clean. This will also help users who import mods to get the correct name.

For the SP controller mod I have a batch file written that injects them for you, and it has a menu too. Its pretty slick and easy. I will push out an update to transplanter tool soon as 1.0.0.2.

I haven't tested the new working method as a compatability pack yet. I'll be doing that when I get home. Can you tell me what to do to put those buttons in the store (never done SP store modding) or give a file that has them? In the vid I have I noticed the shuttle bay terminal has the + that works. I don't know what the differences are between your stores and that one right now.

If adding the extra button (as you say) is ugly, we can put that into the compatability side so KB/M users won't see it.

Also was thinking of listing your mod in the mods/ section of me3tweaks with a download link going to your nexus mods page. I would make it obvious its not a mod manager mod but its free exposure and I get a good amount of views on the page. Let me know if you're interested.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

I can just add it for all my stores, easy enough to do.

So the adding a button you need to edit the bioui store item: add a srActionText=302453 to the choice entry. (302453 is the tlk for the text "Purchase").
<Value type="3">(ItemType=TYPE_NESTEDCATEGORY,ItemClassName="SFXGameContentDLC_EXP_Pack003.SFXGUIData_Store_Alliance",PlotUnlockConditionalID=5019,ChoiceEntry=(srChoiceName=575072,srChoiceDescription=946200),LargeImage="gui_codex_images.Codex.CDX_RAlliance_512x256")</Value>

<Value type="3">(ItemType=TYPE_NESTEDCATEGORY,ItemClassName="SFXGameContentDLC_EXP_Pack003.SFXGUIData_Store_Alliance",PlotUnlockConditionalID=5019,ChoiceEntry=(srChoiceName=575072,srChoiceDescription=946200,
,srActionText=302453),LargeImage="gui_codex_images.Codex.CDX_RAlliance_512x256")</Value>

I dont it will be ugly for KM.

That would be great. I will also highlight the SP mod and modmanager in general on Nexus.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I'll list it once we're done with this mod. Right now I am building a TLK parser that will take the PC version of the string and substitue it with a $ID that points to the xbox version. That way I can keep the original xbox translations.

Here's the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd-Htia ... e=youtu.be

It's not listed on my channel so only those with this link can see it.

EDIT: I have written code that maps pc=>Xbox strings. For all languages I am going to reference those strings as $id so it should keep as much original TLK integrity as possible. I have to do translations for about 3 strings now.

Didn't get a chance to test the compat version yet with the new files I made.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Thanks for that. Always interesting to see somebody else have a play around with my mod.

I have fixed all the missing buttons on the menus. You can drop this into the MAPMOD folder to see whether it works. Hopefully I got them all but let me know if you find some.

/Default_DLC_CON_MAPMOD.bin

You missed an engineering terminal on Deck 4 and some of the items don't open up until you read a couple of emails (e.g. mail from the doc opens up choosing a medic etc).

Would be interested to know if the compat version does work this time in the war room.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I'll try to get to it today. So far I have completed DEU, ESN, and INT. POL, RUS, and FRA are causing problems... don't know how, because tankmaster's TLK tool shows me no errors... and there's no source code.

POL and FRA are done, I don't have anything specific translated for russian though.