EGM / SP controller compatibility

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: EGM / SP controller compatibility

Post by Mgamerz »

Do Restore > Restore basegame and then apply it again. Since Coalesced.bin was removed from the mod, the old one is likely still in place, and will probably cause issues. I may issue an "update" that includes the original coalesced so people won't have this issue.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Yep, the old Coalesced.bin installed by SP Controller mod was the problem. I copied a vanilla Coalesced.bin over it and the conversation issue was resolved. I replicated all of my Coalesced.bin edits into the new file and things are still working fine. Thanks for the help.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Good to see.

Kinko, what's the status on the next version of EGM? I assume we are waiting until you can get a build out that will satisfy the specific issues a controller has (buttons and stuff). The test one worked but I doubt you want to ship something like that.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

Just attempted a planet scan for first time since reinstalling all files. Yes, planet rotation while scanning is now extremely slow but only with left (L) stick, it seems normal speed if using right (R) stick. Not sure if upgrade is being applied since I have no way to compare.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Does anyone know what it's like on Xbox? Maybe I should find a video... Could be one stick moves fast and one moves slow so it can be precise. I know in menus it seems to scroll at only full speed so maybe they made fast and slow modes.

I don't recall what it's like on the original mod. I'll see how fast it is.
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

I was surprised that the right stick worked at all coming from playing on PS3. Should be left stick for all scanning since it allows movement left-right and up-down, right stick only allows movement left-right. So I may have simply found an unintended workaround. It's playable, whether it's acceptable is up to you of course.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Status: I was hoping to get the update out this weekend but r/l getting in the way and stuck on a bug where the mod doesn't mount at all if you install to non c:\! Only CIC / Nor should be impacted, but no point in doing SP pack on old version as coalesced etc won't work.

The Galaxy map recticle is set in the coalesced under bioinput/galaxymodorbital. If you can let me know what the Xbox settings are I can change the scripts to compensate. I take it all these kind of settings are already modded by moonshine?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

What do you mean by the galaxy map recticle? You mean the thing you click on to select the galaxy map? The circle thing? What is it that you need? I can build the compatibility pack for you, it isn't too much work.

Also what do you mean non-c? You mean if you don't run your installer on the C drive? My games are on my D:\ SSD and after I extracted your stuff into mod manager I didn't seem to have any issues.

Here's a mod page for you. I've also added some stat tracking for update checkins for classic mods so if you use a mod manager package for this you can see active users (that open mod manager and have the mod in their mod library). If you're interested I can have this available to a page only you can access. This assumes this becomes installable by mod manager at one point.

You've been assigned code 17. I have to give every mod in the showcase an ID anyways. You can use this for links like shown below.

http://me3tweaks.com/mods/showcase?id=17

This is just a placeholder page for now, it's not visible on the main mods page.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

I can't believe I have just been rickrollered...... :lol:

The reticle is the circle thing when you scan the planet.

The map range detection/reticle speed etc is set to default (first number) by the mapmod coalesced and if you buy (or import from ME2) the argus scanners it increases it on the fly every time you open the galaxy map (second number). If you have certain crew in your engineering team it increases the range again (third number). So what I need to know are what are the standard settings for an xbox.

bioui:
sfxgame.bioplanet m_fscandetectionrange 60 / 120 / 150
bioinput:
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital planetrotationdegreespersecond 50 / 120 / 120
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital reticledegreespersecond 90 / 160 / 160
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital scanningplanetrotationdegreespersecond 25 / 80 / 80
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital scanningreticledegreespersecond 35 / 75 / 75

Basically do you have a copy of an xbox coalesced I can look at? Does SP Mod overwrite the base game coalesced with any changes?

EDIT: did I remember you had a tool that could dump information from a pcc like name lists etc? I have a bunch of bone references to redo and would be a lot easier if I could just have the numbered name lists in front of me.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The GUI Extractor can do that for you. It has options to dump things.

Code: Select all

Transplanter-CLI --inputfolder "C:\Your\Folder\Here" --extract --scripts --coalesced --exports --imports --exports --names
You can see more options in the (slightly confusing) --help switch

Here's version 1.0.0.2 which has a couple of bugfixes:
https://github.com/Mgamerz/ME3-GUI-Tran ... ag/1.0.0.2

Don't know how useful it will be. But it dumps a lot of info, but sadly, it doesn't do arrays. Someday, someday...

The controller mod, as of 1.07x, no longer uses the basegame coalesced file. Everything is in testpatch, which is loaded before the game starts. Default xbox coalesced is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bwvh ... sp=sharing (UPDATE: NOW 7Z FILE)

bg is original, diff is a (slightly bad) diff of ms and bg, and ms is moonshine, which is xbox.

For smiles and grins here's all the coaleced files decompiled in a nice folder format, if you don't have that either.
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

------

XBOX values. I should check to make sure mine matches these.

sfxgame.bioplanet m_fscandetectionrange 60
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital planetrotationdegreespersecond 50
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital reticledegreespersecond 90
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital scanningplanetrotationdegreespersecond 25
sfxgame.sfxgamemodeorbital scanningreticledegreespersecond 35

Edit: yep, mine match the PC version.