EGM / SP controller compatibility

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Seraph

Re: EGM / SP controller compatibility

Post by Seraph »

Hi, first thanks to both of you for awesome mods. Coming from years of ME on PS3 I simply can't play it without a controller so I've been hoping for more compatibility with mods like EGM. I've been using that "Default_DLC_CON_MAPMOD.bin" you linked and so far most things that didn't work before are working now, however, it did cause some side effects to some of the armor you added with EGM.

Full Body: T5-V Battlesuit, N7 Shadow, N7 Demolisher, and N7 Fury do not load in the armor locker menu, just continuous Loading

Chest:
T5-V Battlesuit - continuous Loading
N7 Shadow - shows as Cerberus armor without helmet
N7 Demolisher - looks like any typical texture mishap, texture is twisted around the body, mesh looks to be correct
N7 Fury - shows as Collector armor without helmet

All other armors display properly. Again, I wasn't sure if you were aware of these effects but if not there ya go. Thanks again for all of your work.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I'm finishing up the compatability update tonight. Had to convert everything to tankmaster's format because the main TLK tool just explodes on pol/rus/french. Too bad he has no source for this tool, there are many improvements that could be made (LIKE EXCEPTIONS!)
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Seraph wrote:Hi, first thanks to both of you for awesome mods. Coming from years of ME on PS3 I simply can't play it without a controller so I've been hoping for more compatibility with mods like EGM. I've been using that "Default_DLC_CON_MAPMOD.bin" you linked and so far most things that didn't work before are working now, however, it did cause some side effects to some of the armor you added with EGM.

Full Body: T5-V Battlesuit, N7 Shadow, N7 Demolisher, and N7 Fury do not load in the armor locker menu, just continuous Loading

Chest:
T5-V Battlesuit - continuous Loading
N7 Shadow - shows as Cerberus armor without helmet
N7 Demolisher - looks like any typical texture mishap, texture is twisted around the body, mesh looks to be correct
N7 Fury - shows as Collector armor without helmet

All other armors display properly. Again, I wasn't sure if you were aware of these effects but if not there ya go. Thanks again for all of your work.
Hi Seraph, All these problems are caused by using a test coalesced. The one you downloaded is for a later version of EGM (not yet released). The update has seperate helmets / torsos on the N7 armors. i.e. your armor files are outdated. You will need to wait a short while longer. For our testing purposes the new coalesced is fine, but maybe playability errors like that.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I'm finalizing the update to my controller mod and testing to make sure things are in working order. Found a few small things moonshine missed and am working to fix them.

Edit: Update is now live. Unfortunately my server is really slow on the download front, and the update from 1.060 is like 80MB, so it's REAALLLLYYYY slow. It took me about 22 minutes for mod manager to download the update. Maybe it will speed up for others.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

So I tested a new compatibility pack I made (the one you made seems to have issues from my old transplanter. No idea why it didn't work though...)

Made a video.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Vh5MI331A

Part 2
https://youtu.be/-F1tId9h4FE

Seems to work pretty well, I'm uploading some packages for you to peruse.

=====================
Some testing stuff:

Expanded Galaxy Mod Mod Manager Package (whatever the latest is plus the hotfix 2):
https://mega.nz/#!P4sxibQC!lD1ZAKKldEdQ ... 1qNifgukGI (433MB)

You don't need to use this if not interested, just wanted you to see how it looked. I use it for testing because its much faster than extracting stuff from the installer. The current release version of mod manager does not show this mod because of a bug in the addfiles of BASEGAME which will mark it as invalid. My next update will fix this which should be soon because another user is having some weird .net bug.

Mod Manager compatability package (hotfix 2 only) FOR TESTING ONLY:
https://mega.nz/#!iosXARDR!R5bb_hmLSRsW ... FDWz1-oDvY (23MB)
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Happy to use Mod Manager as well. Don't see why not. Is there any way to link downloads from nexus? Just it is useful for me to see if lots of people are downloading, plus the mod is quite involved at times so the best resource for FAQs etc.

The SP Patch I will put on nexus just a instructions of how to download it via Mod Manager.

I will have an updated version shortly with quite a number of bugfixes (including some things you pointed out). Only a couple of the main files will need patching. Thanks for doing the vids helpful to see it in action, and happy it seems to be working well.

Couple of things:

(1) Galaxy Map planet rotation. There is a sequenced upgrade which impacts the coalesced on the fly, so if you buy (or import the scanners upgrade from ME2) the planets should rotate very quickly. I guess the rotation rate might be different for a controller. Can you confirm that cause it looked real slow on screen (plus you had the upgrades).

(2) Galaxy map music - for my added music I will turn down the volume. I need to edit the hex in the soundbanks so it will take some time. What about the map music - was that working ok? I wasn't clear.

(3) Can you double check the Alliance procurement terminal on the Normandy (same place as the others). Just want to double check (it is the same as if you fly to the supply depot).

(4) In the patch you swapped the GUIs on various weapons files. This is not neccessary. These files are edited versions of the MP general resources file. The MP weapons call on that file heavily and I had to mod the shit out of it to get it to work without interfering with SP files. Unfortunately BW stuck all the GUIs for MP in those files as well, but they are never used.

Thanks very much for building the patch. Hopefully you trials in various language tlks are not getting too bad.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Don't see a way to direct downloads (nexus does not allow that). I can link too the downloads page at best or you can add the package as another download.

I typically like to use mirrors like mega because nexus has some abysmal download speeds. It took over an hour to download EGM.

For these big mods (Over 100MB) I host them off site because they have huge bandwidth costs. Plus my server doesn't have CDN so its never a very fast download location. (It's not awful but its not great either).

Edit: Testing version of Mod Manager 4.2:
http://me3tweaks.com/temporary/ME3CMM.exe

Replace your versions with this.

Some features are hidden, but your user facing changes:

Fixed bug in addfiles (galaxy map mod will now load)
Mod updater is now multithreaded and prioritizes large files first (should be much faster now)
Mod updates now show update size
You can now disable the .NET check in the options menu
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

@kinkojiro

I can help with two of those, I downloaded the package @Mgamerz posted and played for a short while today.

(1) The planets do spin pretty fast, faster than they did in ME2 with the scanning upgrade.
(3) Procurement terminal in Engineering works fine, I was able to purchase the Javelin missiles no problem.

One new problem did pop up though - Investigate no longer does anything in conversations. I was talking to Wrex when it happened so I tried talking to Victus, same thing. Reloaded an earlier save that took me to Grissom Academy and same with Jack, couldn't have a conversation. Investigate highlights but pressing buttons does nothing.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Did you try without galaxy map mod? Can you select other things?

Edit: I pushed 1.071 with fixes for turrets not working. The text in the game will be wrong though but exiting it is simple as moving back on the stick so it's easy. I will fix that later.

I don't seem to be having any issues with the conversations.
https://youtu.be/GCoE8R3ZpRQ
Seraph

Post by Seraph »

I'm not sure what happened. I've since deleted all custom dlc and reinstalled the SP Controller mod. Clicking Investigate does nothing for me and it's the only thing I've found that doesn't work.