GUI Transplanter Tool

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

GUI Transplanter Tool

Post by Mgamerz »

I've developed a GUI transplanter tool for Mass Effect 3 that lets you easily swap GUI files between PCC's (and inject them too). It's open source at my github: https://github.com/Mgamerz/ME3-GUI-Transplanter. You can find most of the documentation there.

Here's a screenshot of the GUI version (CLI version has way more features, GUI is simple version)
machine4578

Re: GUI Transplanter Tool

Post by machine4578 »

looking good ;)
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Hoping to get some time to work on this on sunday. I've got another project I'm working on for ME3Tweaks that should be pretty useful to people (not modmaker related).
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Have not yet had time to implement this further. It's still on my agenda. Injured myself over the weekend which kinda halted work on this. Should be done by the end of this week... At the latest, next week.
machine4578

Post by machine4578 »

Mgamerz wrote:Have not yet had time to implement this further. It's still on my agenda. Injured myself over the weekend which kinda halted work on this. Should be done by the end of this week... At the latest, next week.
sorry to hear about your injury :(
looking forward to using the tool when done :)
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I have resumed work on this tool. So far ai have a very basic CLi version and will shortly have a very basic GUI version. The CLI version will be more versatile but for single file transplants the GUI will suffice. I want to make it not lock up when its saving the PCC.
machine4578

Post by machine4578 »

great, cant wait to test merging the Stimulant Pack DLC mod BioD_CitApt_000Global.pcc with Gamepad mod BioD_CitApt_000Global.pcc

thanks!
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I've made a GUI and CLI version... both have literally 0 testing so far, since I don't have access to test with ME3 at the moment... But it didn't seem to crash, so I guess that's good right?

http://me3tweaks.com/temporary/ME3GUITransplanter.zip

I will update it when I have some time. CLI version will have some extra features I built into the ME3MP controller mod file generator, like a script dumper (so you can easily search every single game script as text) and exec function finder which can be tweaked to find just about everything. The progress bar may stall as I have yet to figure out a way to calculate the "Saving" part (using alt save is very confusing...)

Do not attempt to drop files into a ME3Explorer folder, they are not compatible because I had to modify some things to cut down the filesize which will cause them to crash.
machine4578

Post by machine4578 »

nicely done! it worked.

i actually had to put the other Stimpack DLC addon files in with the gamepad mod(except default.sfar and mount.dlc files of coarse), because the game would have infinite loading trying to load the apartment lvl.. i then made a new PCConsoleTOC.bin for the DLC_CON_XBX folder and the game no longer crashes\hangs loading the level. its all good now :)

thanks again for the tool!
Last edited by machine4578 on Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

GUI part is now pretty much finished.

Once I finish the CLI I'll build a full release and then probably integrate it into mod manager. Can probably make it so that it will automatically detect conflicts and can inject all files as necessary.