Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

You might consider turning your antivirus off temporarily. It may block the connection as the files in the download are unsigned. I have seen avast do it to some users.

If that doesn't work I'll send you the link to the file (I'm on phone atm)
MOHOPSOUL

Post by MOHOPSOUL »

Ah, it worked! Thank you very much fam!
linkenski

Post by linkenski »

I am using SP Controller mod, and EGM through the Mod Manager at their latest updated versions, and I just redownloaded BackOff along with all its compatibility as well as ME3RE, but the UI elements of SP Controller Mod are conflicting with some of these mods, so I tried using the Transplanter thing and it did its job... except it's just replaced even more Console UI with PC UI so now it switches to PC interface when I go to Character creator for example.

How do I fix this? Has anyone gotten all these mods to work together?

Oh, and I am using the Shorter Dreams mod too, but I got that to work with SP Controller Mod sometime ago and I don't think it interferes with EGM at all.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Upload a mod manager log with the default options from the help/diagnostics menu.
grim1death

Post by grim1death »

Has anyone experienced an issue with the vibration not turning off while playing the game? I have noticed that sometimes when vibration is activated, it will continue until even if it shouldn't. I am also using an Xbox One controller. It is annoying to have it activated when it shouldn't be.
deras18

Post by deras18 »

i did everything step by step and it works, but when i use the controller the buttons do not work correctly. As in if i press B its like pressing A, whenever i try to go forward it goes backwards.....how can i fix this??? my controller is a Logitech F310 Gamepad.... does that have anything to do with my problem? no matter what settings i use the keys are always wrong is there a way i can assign the correct commands to the correct buttons?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You'll need to use whatever program maps your controller to xinput/Xbox 360 control scheme. Not sure what software does that for you.
TheIcemanCometh

Post by TheIcemanCometh »

I started playing ME3 last night using the SP Controller Mod (XB1 Elite controller), and I'm having a pretty serious issue. Everything works fine with the controller except for the ABXY buttons in certain menus. It's fine during normal play for things like opening doors, mapping buttons to skills, etc. It's menus in-game that are a problem. The biggies right now - now that I've gotten to the Normandy - are the War Room and the Galaxy Map. For both of these, I can't exit them at all - even the Esc keyboard button doesn't work (although for some menus it does). I have to quit the game and reload a save for it to be playable again, but once I go back in, nothing. The Galaxy Map is quite useless to me at this point. I can't select anything and there are no button prompts so obviously I can't progress in the story.

The only other mods I have came from me3tweaks.com - SP/MP controller support and interface scaling. Any ideas? I am running Windows 10 Anniversary Update with all patches, etc.

UPDATE 1 : Deleted the two Interface Scaling mods, re-applied the SP controller mod, and the Galaxy Map worked fine, including button prompts. Backed all the way out to Windows fine. Re-imported the base Interface Scaling mod, restarted the game, and the Galaxy Map worked fine again as well. Backed out to the main menu, but when trying to quit the game, there were no button prompts, and the ESc button did not work. Had to quit from the Alt-Tab menu.

UPDATE 2 : After restoring/repairing everything and trying again, I'm giving up on the Interface Scaling mod. It just doesn't work for me. And now that i look at it, apparently, there is some amount of scaling the SP Controller Mod is doing, and that's fine for now.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You only use the add-on for controller support. The main one is already integrated into the controller support mod. You also should not install both controller mods at once as it will definitely break your game, there's a reason they are separated.

Send a log file from the help menu.
TheIcemanCometh

Post by TheIcemanCometh »

Mgamerz wrote:You only use the add-on for controller support. The main one is already integrated into the controller support mod. You also should not install both controller mods at once as it will definitely break your game, there's a reason they are separated.

Send a log file from the help menu.
I'm not doing both controller mods at the same time. I did read the documentation. :) They are both installed but only the SP is applied.