Mass Effect 3 ASI Mods

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 ASI Mods

Post by Mgamerz »

I have noticed in my Origin MP Status ASI (the automatically setting version of yours) the game can sometimes crash, I beleive in the FindObject() method. I am wondering if there is a standard implementation of this method we could make that handles an exception in a try catch block that we could use in our ASI mods. I have debugged it a bit in visual studio (the debugger actually works, interestingly), but haven't had enough time to test it out. Polling to see if you've seen this issue in ASI mods.
N7_DarkStar

Post by N7_DarkStar »

Indeed i can confirm Origin MP status does increase the likelyhood of CTD-s during loading. Mostly when loading a map but i've had crashes after the match and before the scoreboard too.

They're annoying for sure but i still like this mod very much because now all my friends instantly see what map/enemy/difficulty im playing so it saves me from answering standard questions such as "what difficulty?" "in lobby?" etc.

If i can make a request it would be that the store interface could be fully keyboard controlled so i can use macros (i use G910) to buy packs. Currently it does not respond to keyboard input to select buttons. So maybe an ASI mod that does something similar to mouse disabler but for keyboard (mouse should still work - atleast outside store).
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You won't be able to do that via ASI. However, I know how to modify GUIs so it's definitely possible. I have the first half of a GUI editing guide ready, but GUI editing as a guide is pretty difficult. I have a bit of free time while j wait for some long running processes to finish so I'll work on it.

I have a beta of a more stable origin mp status asi. As I have doing tons of work I haven't had time to test it extensively. I haven't had any crashes (sometimes the asi stops working, but the game doesn't crash, which is far more preferavle). I'll link it here when I get home so you can test it, just uninstall the old one and then drag and drop the new one onto mod manager to install.
N7_DarkStar

Post by N7_DarkStar »

Thanks. Looking forward to it.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I have added the beginning of your stuff to the guide. So far I have only 1/3 examples done. I am researching how to do your topic, as I can't remember...

Here's the originmpstatus-v2 testing ASI
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9bwvh ... sp=sharing
N7_DarkStar

Post by N7_DarkStar »

So i've tested this for several hours on dfferent days. It is far more stable than v1. And it stopped working only once so far. But no game crashes. My game sometimes does not start properly tho (no taskbar icon but running in task manager). Not sure i it's related or it's simply because i have a broken windows install (i should really do a clean install soon).
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I have seen this issue before, where after you run the game, close it, it stays running but has like no memory. When you do kill it via task manager, it won't actually start. It will show up for maybe 1/2 a second, and then be gone from task manager. I think it's cause one of the threads (likely the asi thread) has stopped working and doesn't close with the game. It's happened on more than just this ASI. The only way to solve it for me was to restart as it seems more of a windows issue than an actual ASI issue, like a zombie process or something.

In the final version that I will probably released with mod manager 4.4, I removed the player count, as it seems to cause the asi to crash more (0/4 players or 18885234/4 players). I think stability over features would be better here.

I am still working on the GUI editing guide. If you are interested in seeing a sneak peek its at http://me3tweaks.com/guides/gui_editing and http://me3tweaks.com/guides/gui_editing_2. They aren't done yet and you can see some content missing. It takes a long time to put together guides, take pics, word it, not to mention the pain it causes my hands.
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

New ASI plugin available: ME3 Live TLK Proxy

I had lots of headaches while trying to figure things out, but it's finally done. We may now replace the remote TLK from EA server with a custom file. :D

You must have a ServerTLK.tlk file in "Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32" or "Mass Effect 3\Binaries\Win32\ASI", as replacement for the Live TLK. If the file is missing, the plugin will simply do nothing.

Also, all my plugins are now compiled with static linking. In other words, you don't need to install a VC redist before using a plugin.

https://github.com/Erik-JS/ME3-ASI
Last edited by Erik JS on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Nice. I'll test it and add it to the mod manager manifest when I get a chance.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I have added your 2 new ASIs to the Mod Manager ASI library. You will see it appear within the next 2 days.