Mass Effect 3 ASI Mods

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Erik JS

Re: Mass Effect 3 ASI Mods

Post by Erik JS »

I was unable to post this yesterday (work + helping a friend), but updated code and binary have been uploaded just now.
machine4578 wrote: patch position 1(DLC) isnt patching. but when i use the org WV .dll. it says it patched at position 2.(but obviously cant use that with asi)

i hope this too can be fixed.
There's nothing to be fixed here. Cracked EXE already has the DLC check patched by Reloaded, so the binkw32 autopatcher is unable to find original EXE's byte sequence.
machine4578

Post by machine4578 »

great work Erik JS. the mouse disbaler works perfect now.

as for the autopatcher, sorry i didnt know the RLD .exe was patched to load custom DLC(which is what i thought the binkw32.dll's were for). i also got confused because of the log files. as i posted in Warranty Voider's patcher log it says it patched.

anyways thanks again!!
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Erik JS wrote: Lately, I've been playing the game under PSE with cracked EXE as I try to find out how to make a random enemy spawn mod. I think I already figured out how it can be done, but unfortunately a lot of work must be done in order to have it working under Origin with original EXE. We'll need a "Balance Changes Replacer" ASI plugin...
Update: the plugin is already done and online. It works with cracked or original EXE, even under Origin.

The server coalesced is still downloaded and stored in memory, but the plugin will make the necessary code changes in order to have the game use any replacement file you want.

Btw, the "lot of work" I mentioned earlier was about having all players using PSE's MITM in order to use a custom coalesced. I think this plugin is more accessible than PSE for something like this.

From my tests, random people were still able to join my lobby when I used a modified server coalesced. I'll see if there's a way to block people if they have different coalesced's.

EDIT: on a second thought, I think I should've included the server TLK on this... well, maybe in a future update...
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Double posting for a good reason! :D

This is something you can use with Balance Changes Replacer - for Mgamerz or anyone else interested in trying this for themselves:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qb4rl ... lesced.bin

- Set faction to Cerberus. Random enemies from all factions will appear.
- Enemy costs have been lowered. This is global and will apply to Reaper, Geth and Collector, but their wave compositions remain unchanged.

http://pastebin.com/yjTG8rEJ
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Your enemy definitions don't use the patched versions. Patched versions are cannibal2 marauder2 banshee2 atlas2 phantom2 gethpyro2 and gethprime2.

How does this randomly choose an enemy? Don't you need the Randomizied asi?
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Well, I used the DLC archetypes because I thought the DLC versions were the patched ones (or at least, at the same level of the patched ones). For instance, I think the Phantom was really the vanilla one, I only looked on MP4 and MP5 before, but I switched her to the MP3 archetype, and her bubble is perfectly visible now. Paste and coalesced were updated, same link.

I told you in one of our Origin conversations that the game would randomly choose an enemy to spawn as long as you don't set mincount and maxcount for anything. This is what I realized from looking at the spawn code, and it seems to be working so far.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I thought you were using an asi to load enemies from the list?
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Well,that was my original idea. But I wasn't getting anywhere with that. I could track down when the function was called, but I couldn't see where its parameter was stored (the index value). I even found the "opcode interpreter" (pretty sure Heff or WV found it first), but that wasn't enough. In the end, anyone could've done this ages ago by simply putting every enemy known to the galaxy in the same wave spawn list, it's just that nobody realized that until now.

I'm sure there are other "nobody-realized-that-before" stuff waiting to be revealed. :roll:
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Constructing wavelists in this fashion is now possible on modmaker.

This doesn't explain how I could see enemies that should have been invisible though. Are only enemies with min/max counted...?

Also for the balance changes replaced, if the .bin file is not there does the game behave as normal? E.g. a user installs asi then forgets to put in server coalesced.bin.
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

I don't remember running into this problem of invisible enemies as you described (where faction enemies would be invisible to clients if they aren't part of the faction's original wave composition), so I can't comment much on that (also, I didn't test possible combinations of min/max). I didn't do this while expecting invisible enemies, it always looked to me that clients would see whatever the host tells them as the host is responsible for the match progression.

About Balance Changes Replacer: if ServerCoalesced.bin is missing, then the plugin will simply end its operation without modifying the game code.