Mod Manager Issues

Mass Effect 3 Mod Manager allows you to easily install and uninstall mods, keep mods up to date, launch modding tools and use ModMaker.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Mod Manager Issues

Post by Mgamerz »

This is the help thread for using Mod Manager and a place to report bugs. This is not used for modmaker issues.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mod Manager Issues

Post by Mgamerz »

New Issue:
Mod Manager is unable to detect .NET and subsequently will endlessly prompt you to install it, effectively rendering the program unable to do anything.

Cause:
The JNA library that is used to find if .NET is installed and the BIOGame directory has some issues that are not yet reported. I am unable to reproduce this, but it was reported on 2/17/2016 on Windows 10 64-bit, Java 64-bit (happens on 32-bit as well), with .NET 4.6.1.

Workaround:
At this time there is no workaround. The next version of Mod Manager will include a way to disable this check.

Severity: High
Affects: Mod Manager 4.1 (all builds)
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

(MINOR v4.2.3) Custom DLC Creator cannot edit the mount priority in the setup screen.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You need to make sure you use a 16 bit number. So 3400-20000 is the range of allowed values. If you put in an invalid TLK/mount priority you won't be able to leave the field. I need to make it more obvious something is wrong.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Let me refine that - you can edit the mount priority. I was tabbing down the lines and it wouldn't select mount.

The problem is actually the TLK ID above mount priority. As soon as you start typing in it you cannot select any of the other text boxes, either by mouse or tabbing.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You must type in a valid value, or it won't let you leave the field. In the upcoming build I have redone what validation the text fields use and it won't lock you out. It will also reject invalid values when you click Generate (right now it doesn't seem to care). hopefully will be out tonight and you will see a 'minor update' for it. Got a bit more testing to do still. Appreciate you reporting bugs =)
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Are there any limits on TLK strings? I put in 944500 which is a valid tlk string. It then wouldn't let me select any other entry (but I could generate).
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The new build fixes your validation issues, you should see an update prompt on next restart.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

I am having problems with that. I keep 2 copies of mod manager, one that I use to build/actively. The other simply to test updates are working (so I haven't screwed up the manifest).

One is listed as build 55 the other 56. What is the current build? How do force an update?

On the manifest I still need to edit the location to "3rdparty/username/modname" as the generator just puts "modname"?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

kinkojiro wrote:I am having problems with that. I keep 2 copies of mod manager, one that I use to build/actively. The other simply to test updates are working (so I haven't screwed up the manifest).

One is listed as build 55 the other 56. What is the current build? How do force an update?

On the manifest I still need to edit the location to "3rdparty/username/modname" as the generator just puts "modname"?
You need to take your Mod Manager out of debug mode to get updates. I have moved the tools you use out of debug mode so you won't need to keep mod manager in debug mode anymore. You can also just copy paste the EXE from build 56.

You are putting the serverfolder = 3rdparty/username/modfolder under [UPDATES] now, in moddesc right? (It no longer goes under [ModInfo]). You need to make sure your mod targets 4.2 (cmmver = 4.2) or it won't read updates and will default to mod's name as well.

[ModManager]
cmmver = 4.2

[UPDATES]
serverfolder = 3rdparty/kinkojiro_me3tweaks/egm... replace with your version.

Post your moddesc.ini file here (in

Code: Select all

tags)