ModMaker Issues

ModMaker is the online part of Mod Manager, allowing you to create mods by changing a huge selection of variables and adding MixIns to customize game scripts.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: ModMaker Issues

Post by Mgamerz »

Seems strange, but I don't really have any way of figuring out how the clients do the code for that. I've done a lot of script analysis on it but I haven't seen anything beyond some preloading of enemies, but it doesn't seem to follow what we see in bronze/silver/gold for invisible enemies.
Zephanos

Values not updating

Post by Zephanos »

I've been having a problem ever since I first started using mod maker with lot of the values not being applied fully to the game. Values such as Rate of fire for both player and ai weapons doesn't work consistently after applying the mod even on host, with certain weapons only being partially changed or some not at all.

When I looked into the problem using ME3Coalesced it appears as though the X value wasn't being updated so on player weapons that weren't level 10 it would only be partially applied and Ai weapons wouldn't get affected at all. While this didn't affect every weapon it seemed to affect the majority of them.

This problem would also occur on almost every Ai weapon's Accuracy cone.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Which coalesced files did you look in? The Basegame one will not tell you it, the values are all layered by priority. You won't see most of them if you don't install the balance changes ASI.
Zephanos

Post by Zephanos »

I was looking in the Mod Managers "mods" coalesced files, where the mods you download from the Mod Maker go before getting applied to the game. I was able to change the X values on the rate of fire and accuracy cone in my mod through ME3Coalesced and they would be updated in game when applied through that mod with the mod manager.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

If you come to my discord ( see mod manager help menu) we will be able to work it faster than on these forums.
Cyberzombie

Post by Cyberzombie »

Hi again,

If you remember the problem I was raving on about previously, I've noticed it happening in Geth Bronze wave 10 targets as well.

In this case the clients can't see the Pyro's.

So far I have definitely noticed it happening in Geth wave 10 target objective waves, and I can narrow the problem down to just one change from default, which is changing the Max Per Wave of Geth Primes from 1 to 0 (ie unlimited). That's the only difference between the default Geth wave 10 bronze and my Geth wave 10 bronze.

For some reason this change causes the Pyro's to become invisible to clients after the first Prime is killed. My guess is that it has something to do with the target being supposed to switch to Pyro's since there shouldn't be another Prime to replace the first one, but *shrug*.