a couple modding questions

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Hyperspeed1000

Re: a couple modding questions

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

ok...here is my next set of questions xD :

1. I figured out how to chance passive stats through pcc editing but where do i find the data for the base health and shields stats? I dont see it anywhere...

2. what determines if a char can be synched killed or not?

3. Have you messed with replacing character powers/ creating own chars for the MP? Any Advice or where to start?

Thanks....as always
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

1. Base health and shield stats are defined in biodifficulty.xml of coalesced. You can see how it loads through the SFXAI_<pawnname>'s initialize() method. It will read the current difficulty's stat.

2. It is in the list of supportedsyncactions in the pawn class (Default__SFXPawn_<pawnname>). If there is no list, it can't be synced at all. Some enemies re-use sync names from other classes like the scion using brutesync.

3. Due to how it is optimized, it is simply too much work. I haven't dug into this very far to be able to tell you anything useful unfortunately.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

1. I dont mean health and shields of enemies...i mean like base health for the classes you can play...Drell Adept, Asari Vanguard.....

2. well i meant what makes Geth Juggernaut not synckill-able while the krogans still can be grabbed and stabbed...there must be a difference between them somewhere...
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

It should be in either the archetype class or the pawn class properties in their file. Drop the PCC files onto mod manager and dump them using the defaults. Then open the corresponding text file and search for Shields and health strings.

The juggernauts can't be sync killed because they don't have any listed supported sync actions. If you look at other pawns they will have some listed. There is a mod I ported from years ago that makes krogans invulnerable to sync kills.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

i hope i dont annoy you with my question too much...

1 more thing i am looking for a way to make powers like Pull and such affect target that have shields and barriers...i know you can make so that it affects armor units but thats not what i am looking for...i thought maybe you have already a solution to this
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

That seems to be calculated in each pawn's class when getting the power resistance value. It would require script editing (very painful even for me), plus due to the duplication of pull in so many files I am not sure which one you would even need to edit to have it take affect (lots of data is duplicated in this game for optimization. If something was previously loaded and is still in memory, it uses that copy instead even if its for something like a whole different object (e.g. asari pull vs human pull etc).