ModMaker Issues

ModMaker is the online part of Mod Manager, allowing you to create mods by changing a huge selection of variables and adding MixIns to customize game scripts.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

ModMaker Issues

Post by Mgamerz »

This thread is for posting modmaker issues. If the discussion if an issue is lengthy it may be moved to a separate topic.
user2929

No DLC bugs

Post by user2929 »

I dont have any DLC installed, just vanilla ME3.

When I install any MP mod forked from Genesis (even vanilla Genesis) enemies will not spawn on wave 7 (next after 2nd objective). I tried disabling all DLC stuff in mod maker and changed wave troops to basic ones with no success. Was testing on Bronze.

It would be lovely if you could fix this issue, because lots of newbies play without DLCs and i found out that it is much easier to find a MP match if you dont have DLCs installed.

Update. same thing with all MP DLCs installed.

Update. I restored everything, deleted mods and downloaded them once again. Now it spawns on wave 7.

Update. Reinstalled game without DLS. It works.
SOLVED:
Restore everything (from backups) before installing any mod even new version of current mod.

Question remains: Do you need to delete your current mod before downloading new version of your mod in modmaker?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: ModMaker Issues

Post by Mgamerz »

Technically you should have a vanilla game (unmodded) before downloading modmaker mods as it may need to get some files from within the game to patch (mixins) and for updating game text. Realistically no its not a problem.

If you have downloaded your mod and then updated it on the server, mod manager will simply delete the existing folder of the same name and put the updated one in its place. Mod Manager should have warned you that DLC was missing before install though, correct?

Also I do not support gameplay without the free MP DLCs. It would be very hard to conditionally make it work for different configurations. I have had no trouble finding games with all the free DLC (and patch 1/2). I imagine it does not spawn enemies because I rename original enemies to OLD that are replaced in retaliation, but the dlc is missing, so it references enemies that are missing, or were redefined in a later balance change or DLC.
adam2122319

Post by adam2122319 »

Hello. I do not understand how can I register to Modmaker, becouse register option on site is turned off. Can someone explain this to me?
And sorry for my English I don't use it for ages.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

:/ I left that option on from my developer server and it might explain why I have little traffic on modmaker these days...

I fixed it. Thanks for reporting it.

https://me3tweaks.com/modmaker/register
Cyberzombie

Post by Cyberzombie »

Not sure if this is an issue or a bug or just nothing really BUT the tooltip about getting synch killed states that being a ramp doesn't stop you from being grabbed.

The typographical error aside I also think that you can only get grabbed if the banshee is at the same height as you, so you can get grabbed if she is right next to you on the ramp but not above or below (it's obvious but your tooltip doesn't really make that clear).
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Good catch, I will fix that.
Cyberzombie

Post by Cyberzombie »

Another thing I've noticed, is that on Wave 10 Geth Gold, where I have modified it from 1 bomber to 2 bombers, there is an issue with off-hosters not seeing them.

It's something I have detected before, it seems like the assigned number of an enemy in the wavelist can also affect the visibility of that enemy, although it might only be when it's the target objective (I don't host Gold very often and don't remember if the previous occasions involved targets). It has also happened to me when I've been off-host but not very often, in that case it was Primes, where my list only has 1 Prime but the host's list has 2.

EDIT: Thinking about it some more it must only be when it's targets because otherwise it would happen on just about every wave.

Whilst I'm at it, I've noticed in the latest version on ModMaker that sometimes people don't get points when they join mid-wave for that wave. Never noticed that happening before.

Also sometimes Submission Net does a large amount of damage straight away, not sure if this is related to ModMaker or just a regular ME3 bug. It's specced for electric dot, and I've noticed in on Rio several times.

Anyway that's about all the issues I have to report for now :)
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Yea, I am not 100% sure how client waves are loaded to be honest. Platinum is pretty hard to design as clients won't be able to see enemies that should be following the wavelists builder... Haven't seen it have invisible extra guys though.
Cyberzombie

Post by Cyberzombie »

My feeling is that it's happening when there is a target switch, although I don't have any idea as to why that would cause it to happen.