Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

I have developed a mod that allows you to use controllers with the native Xbox interface for multiplayer.

It's on the main mod page. http://me3tweaks.com/mods/showcase?id=16

If you are having issues, please mention if you are using the scaling or nonscaling version of the mod and what version of the mod you are using. If it shows graphical issues, please include a screenshot.

Let me know of issues you have with it here.
gobi42

Re: Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Post by gobi42 »

Not sure if this is just a bad download or not. But version 0.6 has caused the game to crash ever 2 to 10 minutes. I reverted back to version 0.53 and everything was stable again. I get a generic error "mass effect 3 has stopped working".
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Weird, I made no changes that should crash the game. I just reorganized some files and fixed one input.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I've been looking into fixing the Talon's completely ruined keybinds with the mod, and I haven't found any luck. The standard way of fixing it for keyboards assumes one is using a localized version of a keyboard (e.g. en-us). However, this doesn't apply to controllers... maybe the game is still assuming you are using keyboard?

I noticed the keybinds for the talon in MP5 are added as type 2 values. In DLC, I have only ever seen type 3 and type 0 used to set values, while everything in the original coalesced is type 2. I wonder if this has something to do with it...
Volkai

Post by Volkai »

Don't actually need support, I just made an account to express my joy and that you have made me squeal with glee.

I can finally do a half-decent job supporting my PC-Mass-Effect-playing friends in multiplayer thanks to you!
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

@Volkai haha thanks, I appreciate it. The mod was quite a bit of work.

In other news, I have completely removed the weapon bench's PC button code which for some reason triggered even when it shouldn't. I now have a proper looking testbench:

This will be going into the SP and MP mods as soon as possible.
Vejita00

Post by Vejita00 »

If I have the singleplayer mod controller installed but was not able to successfully back up Testpatch before installing it. How easy is it to swap to this mod for multiplayer and then back to singleplayer? Is it going to cause issues? I have no problems with the singleplayer one at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any replies. I know you must be sick of me. Also thanks for the work you put into making these mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You go to custom dlc manager and restore basegame (bottom left) and any modified DLC. Go to custom dlc manager and delete the XBX folder. Then install the MP version.

Can someone send me this modified testpatch, because I can't fix anything if I can't figure out why things say they are differerent. Do the retore steps I list above (testpatch will probably fail), then do an origin game repair. Once done, go to custom restore. Is testpatch still listed as modified? If so origin is restoring some different version of the file I don't know about.
PopeHatSkeleton

Post by PopeHatSkeleton »

Hi! Thank you so much for making this, I love ME3's multiplayer but I'm only comfortable using a controller. Would you tell me how to invert the Y-Axis? I tried switching to the Enable Changing Options variant and turning on mouse inversion, but the game crashes when I exit the menu. If I can't do it in-game with your mod, can you give me a suggestion for a work-around? Much appreciated!
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You have to apply the variant and apply the mod again.