Mod Manager Issues

Mass Effect 3 Mod Manager allows you to easily install and uninstall mods, keep mods up to date, launch modding tools and use ModMaker.
kinkojiro

Re: Mod Manager Issues

Post by kinkojiro »

My fault you did tell me about the directory. I just didn't implement it. The modversion I did do correctly.

So far the rollout has been pretty smooth apart from where I gave a test version of ME3CMM to a couple of people and it didn't update. Getting the latest version off nexus seemed to work though. So thanks very much.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Only since yesterday night has it been updating for everyone. I had to push out like 6 bugfix releases and did soak testing where only the first X users will see an update until I expand it. That way if I break something not everyone is affected.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Not a huge thing but FYI still getting the problem with the TLK entry on the starter kit.

https://youtu.be/pMnnhiTETHk
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

While mod manager is closed please delete me3cmm.ini (same folder as exe) and restart it. If you do not see an update please send me your mod manager log from the help me. Paste it into pastebin and send me the link. Looks like you may be skipping a build as I instructed earlier and so mod manager is not showing updates.

The bottom left would normally say mod manager is up to date rather than no updates available. Alternatively go to actions/options and unchecked the skip build.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

That worked thanks.
realsurvivor686

Post by realsurvivor686 »

I must confee, to feeling frustrating with Mod Manager. Before, I was able to easily edit my in-development mods (simply copy and paste into the relevant DLC folders) and start testing them. Now, I find that after install ME3MM, my changes simply wont take effect.

In order to actively develop my mods, without having to go through ME3MM's admittedly clunky setup (don't get me wrong: I admire the talent and effort put into it, and the fact that it allows players to synchronize their DLCs across the internet), II have resolved to uninstall it for the time-being.

I've tried using the "DLC started kit" bundled with it (and am grateful for it), but my changes don't take effect and the game now hands whenever I try to start it (even after I've checked the TOC within the ME3MM)

Question: Would simply deleting the ME3MM allow me to go back to the 'old-setup'? Or are there addtional steps I need to execute in order to ensure returning back to the 'old-setup' (i.e. I can make changes directly and without any interference)
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Mod manager "workspace" is fully separate from the game. If you want to modify installed files there is nothing mod manager has in it that will stop you. When you install a mod your mod manager mod folder (and other files if indicated) are copied into the games folders. You can modify them there.

To use mod manager to edit mods, (I assume you mean custom dlc mods for SP), adding files to mod manager requires a restart so mod manager will see the new files to copy. You can restart it from the actions menu.

You should restore your files before you remove mod manager, otherwise you'll have to do it manually. Use the custom options at the top of the restore menu. If all else fails you can delete all custom DLCs and restore the game from origin.
realsurvivor686

Post by realsurvivor686 »

@Mgamerz

Thank you for responding. Your instructions were quite useful.

I apologize for my petulant tone. I admire the work and talent put into ME3MM, but due to personal preference I kinda prefer the 'old ways' and the idea of fewer 'moving parts'

As soon as I wrap up my modding project, I am sure to be back to using ME3MM.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Not a problem. I understand it isn't for everyone. It was originally developed to work with MP (since you can't have custom dlc, and that wasn't even a thing back then) and it grew into supporting SP... but SP got Custom DLCs which are pretty easy to work with. I try to make mod manager easy for devs to use during deployment and startup, theres not a lot to offer during development (maybe drag and drop TLK batch compiling, not too much else).
SinTakai

Post by SinTakai »

Heiya, I've tried using your Mod manager for the sole purpose of installing the controller support for ME3 ;-;

Sadly the manager it's self does not work.
Every time I try to install a mod (no matter what it is) or try to Backup>Update Game Repair Database I get an error that says I'm running multiple instances of the program, which I'm not.
Is there any fix/workaround for this issue?

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3240T CPU @ 2.90GHz
Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 620
RAM
8.0 GB DDR3
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

Edit:

Fixed it by deleting the data/databases/repairinfo folder from the mod directory <_<; Who would've known.