Mod Failed to Load

Mass Effect 3 Mod Manager allows you to easily install and uninstall mods, keep mods up to date, launch modding tools and use ModMaker.
Ferret

Mod Failed to Load

Post by Ferret »

I have a message '1 mod failed to load" and I'm unsure what to do in order to resolve the issue.

Log file:
http://pastebin.com/BCQEgAp7
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mod Failed to Load

Post by Mgamerz »

Looks like you just updated EGM and it's unhappy with the specific set of DLC you have (Citadel). Mod Manager is unhappy that multiple patches are being applied. Let me look into this for you.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Please make sure you update Mod Manager to 4.5.1 (should prompt on startup). There were some serious issues with 4.5 that broke many areas of mod manager.

If you still have the startup issue, can you send another log after you turn on log mod startup, and then restart mod manager:

I disabled my DLC so it matched yours, and I wasn't able to replicate the issue. However, your log seemd to different than mine, which makes me think you might have an extra file (somehow) in your instance:

ME3CMM\mods\Expanded Galaxy Mod\Alternates\Patch\Appearance\PCConsoleTOC.bin

It seems this file is being added and Mod Manager is unhappy that this file is being added twice. I don't have this file, so I am unsure what it is complaining about. I added a copy of a file there to see if it reproduced your issue, and it did. You should be able to delete this stray file and it will work again.
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

I apparently solved the issue by deleting and then re-adding EGM (gonna guess that got rid of the file). I checked after install of Mods: SP Controller Support, EGM, ME3Recalibrated, Extended Final Anderson Convo, EGM Squad Pack, EGM Custom Extra's pack.

Still need to apply ALOT texture Mod. However I seem to be having difficulty with it (not your problem!). The MassEffectModder.exe program acted idle while supposedly running for 3 hours.

Here's the log file you requested, for research purposes if nothing else: http://pastebin.com/AdGHurLs

I want to thankyou for the completeness of your response and the quick turn around. VERY much appreciated. I'm new to modding so the Mod Manager has been a Gods send.

If you see any other issues in the log file let me know and I'll do what i can to help.

Thanks again mate!
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Hit up the ALOT discord, they're helpful people. Assuming you read the directions ;)
valerie1972

Post by valerie1972 »

I'm having the same issue. After updating the SP Controller mod, I noticed that it wasn't enabling the LIME to CEM option even though I have both mods and the transition mod installed. I didn't have the transition mod imported to the mod manager, though, so I tried doing that and got the subsequent error. I tried importing several other DLC mods, and while they all import, they also generate the error that they didn't load.

Log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7KlV ... TFxV3ZSMXc
Ferret

Post by Ferret »

@Mgamerz

Yeah, the ALOT guys make that case REAL strong. And I don't blame them. As it turns today seems to have been 'update day' for all 3 of the bigger Mods in my list, i.e. EGM, Mod Manager, and ALOT's MEM.

Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

This is what I get for rushing one fix out... Patch one bug, 20 more appear.

I'm looking into this ASAP. I am able to replicate the import issue. Very strange, since I imported CEM right before I shipped the new mod manager build as I was testing the autoconfig on controller mod.

I have found the issue. Apparently adding a \ to the end of the string makes it think the base name of the file is "", so the list of custom dlc imported is "" (nothing). That's why it says the task does nothing. I'll be pushing out an update this morning for this. I have another bug I want to fix first.

Also am looking into the multiple compatibility NO_INSTALL issues.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I have posted MR1 to the update service. Please update to it and let me know if this fixes it for you.
valerie1972

Post by valerie1972 »

Fixed! Reimporting the mods removed the "did not load" error. Thanks for doing it so quickly!

One note:

The LIME to CEM mod has something in its name that throws an error if you use the name/description information provided from ME3Tweaks, something about it having an invalid character in the name. So when you import it, you have to rename it each time. As a result, when I imported it the second time I renamed it something different than I did the first time (I think it was "LIME to CEM" vs "LtoC" or something similar) and this did NOT resolve the error for that mod. I had to delete the "LtoC" import attempt, go into the DLC directory and remove the "_metacmm" file to allow reimport, and then reimport with the exact same name as "LIME to CEM".

Not sure if that's working as intended, but difference in "friendly name" within the Mod Manager seems an odd thing to hold up resolving the error.