ModMaker Bugs

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Hyperspeed1000

ModMaker Bugs

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

yo, i decided to post all the bugs i encountered on the ModMaker Website. There are quite a few of them but unfortinatly this is the only one i still remember. I will post more here as soon as i remember them again. Maybe someone is interessted in it. Maybe one day they will be fixed.

Marauder Evasion Damage Column is buged across all difficulties. None of the changed are saved/displayed on the Website.
Only "Max Time Between Cover Fire" and "Flank Reaction Time" are working on every difficulty.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: ModMaker Bugs

Post by Mgamerz »

I'll take a look into it when I get some time later today.

I was testing your mod this weekend, noticed that reave has 100% DR.

Edit: The marauder saving code has been fixed. If you find any more bugs let me know and I will fix them. Thanks for reporting it to me.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

Reave should have at max. 50 DR ! I looked at the ModMaker Website again and yes...its 50%.
If it's rly 100% DR then it has nothing to do with how I balanced this thing which means IT'S A BUG.
Who knows how many of them are still out there....
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You may have set it to 50% but there are other sources of damage reduction that stack. The player couldn't be killed and it lasted for like 40 seconds. It was only after using reave.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

yo, i have looked into the asair justicar cuz she had the most DR tools...and my guess it that you guys had a justicar in your team that speced everything into DR in that case it would be 100% tho cuz i thought the max DR is 90% anyway.

Anyway the problem is actually not Reave but the Biotic Sphere...cuz reave rly cant have a duration longer than 12secs.

Nonetheless thx for figuring this out...the mod is by far not finished so i havent tested every possible combination yet :)
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

He was using a drell. We have a video of it https://youtu.be/KT1R79dvyi8

At least I think it was drell, played a lot of mods this weekend. Was a pretty decent WIP mod, but the primes on plat were insane.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

well yeah, i skipped through your vid but didnt seen a drell in it...but maybe i am just blind XD
Or maybe there is a chance that you confuse my mod with someones else?
Cuz i rly dont see how Reave can have 100 DR by itself cuz on your Website its clearly 50% and also play tested it...the only chance to get 100% is through Biotic Sphere+Reave everything speced for DR. But I will fix that soon too...

Also could you pls confirm that if change the weapon balancing the changes will apply only for the host unless the others have the mod too. Is it right or did I messed up somewhere balacing wise?

anyway thx for your honest opinion
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

What mod code are you using? I'm using the one you made called hyper's rebalance (1408)

Edit: I linked the wrong video, sorry. Might not have been your mod after all.

If you edit rate of fire, mag size, and stuff clients who don't have the mod will have broken guns (negative ammo, can't reload, etc). So I always advise against editing those stats. Enemy weapons are fair game.

Edit 2: Yeah I got the last stand and hyper's rebalance mixed up. You're all good on the DR front.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

yeah i am speaking about Weapons DMG and stuff like additional Armor DMG...do they apply to clients too?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Yes, damage and that stuff work on clients. But don't change anything related to how ammo works like rate of fire, mag size, spare ammo, etc.