Invisible Client Enemies

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Cyberzombie

Invisible Client Enemies

Post by Cyberzombie »

Hi,

I'm messing around with wavelists, and want to add in some cross-faction enemies. Modmaker has a list of invisible client enemies, but only for the current faction. Are all enemy type from other factions visible?

For example, it's Cerberus Gold wave 10. You have Engineer, Phanton, and Atlas, with all other types of Cerberus troops invisible. Can you add any cross-faction enemy type in, or are some of them also invisible?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Invisible Client Enemies

Post by Mgamerz »

I don't know the exact details of invisible enemies, but here is how I understand it:

- The game knows what faction it is currently facing and enemies that belong to that faction.
- Clients load their list of enemies from that faction regardless of the server telling them what enemies to spawn (spawn is not the same as loading). Clients will not load enemies that are NOT in their local wavelist definition (so vanilla wave composition) from the current faction. E.g. vanilla cerb wave could has assault trooper and centurion only. If the server says spawn a phantom, that enemy was not loaded and the client won't load it so the enemy is invisible to them. The server will send hits to them but they don't see the enemies.
- I don't know how this works on platinum as it has cross faction enemies.
- Enemies not in the current faction can always be spawned and clients will see them.

So cross faction are fine, but enemies not in the vanilla wave in the same faction are invisible.
Cyberzombie

Re: Invisible Client Enemies

Post by Cyberzombie »

Ok, thanks.

I published a little mod, going to test it now.