Weapon Energy Colours

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Kadra

Weapon Energy Colours

Post by Kadra »

Greets.

I've been trying to change the weapon energy colours for some time, but to no avail, so I figured I should ask here, because I'm out of ideas.
So far I've tried changing the WeaponModEmissiveColours in the base Coalesced.ini and I've checked every DLC for any entries that might override those, but there are none. I've tried adding WeaponModEmissiveColours to Patch02 DLC bin to their respective weapon entries, just to see if that would somehow work, didn't help either.

The tint map colours seem to have no effect on the actual energy colours other than blue seems to be serving as the transparent colour for the emissions.

So, the only thing I was able to do in the end was to remove energy altogether by replacing the tint texture with one that is just solid black.

Could someone point me in the right direction, please?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Weapon Energy Colours

Post by Mgamerz »

What do you mean by weapon energy colors? Like the color of the beam for the particle rifle?
Kadra

Post by Kadra »

No, many (or maybe all) weapons have those little energy lights/indicators on them that also change colour as you change the mods installed. In ME1 you could change those by editing the config, only there was just one colour.

Here, I'm kinda lost at this point. I mean, they could be hardcoded but then why did they even add those entries to the config (WeaponModEmissiveColours and the others WeaponModGripColours, WeaponModBodyColours, which don't seem to work for me either, but those I'm not that much interested in, because I don't want them to change at all, so I can simply use black colour in the tint map for weapon Grip and Body.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You may consider looking through a pcc dump (Mod Manager > Tools > PCC Data Dumper) then a search over the results with GrepWin (external program) and using terms like WEaponModGripColours. It will lead you to where they are used. It's likely in a base class, but you can infer how it is used.
Kadra

Post by Kadra »

I only have some basic modding experience with ME3, so bear with me please.
If I understand correctly, you mean try to find a PCC that contains such parameters (by using the method described) and then try changing them inside the PCC?
In the Coalesced those are under base weapon parameters here:
bioweapon->sfxgame->sfxweapon->WeaponModEmissiveColours.
Does that help me in any way to narrow down which PCCs to look at, because there's a ton of them in the game?

EDIT: Turns out the WeaponModEmissiveColours do work, but not for all weapons. Somehow the Tempest I'm trying to edit always uses the default emissive colours, while like Geth Shotgun, for example, respects the config. Will keep on digging.