"Corpse Cleanup" - any way to edit/remove it?

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Chashan

"Corpse Cleanup" - any way to edit/remove it?

Post by Chashan »

Good evening,

Just playing through ME1 and ME2 again after a good long while, I was wondering whether anyone has figured out a way to alter the clean-up time of corpses or remove it altogether in ME3, which would look mighty grand in SP and PSE-sessions both. Solutions similar to ME1/2 weren't it, apparently, judging by this thread here shortly after ME3's release:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/99 ... 90?page=11

The ME3explorer-boards only have this somewhat vague hint by Femshep:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/me3expl ... t2459.html

"You would need to increase the time off-street before the game cleans it up, which iirc defaults to 5 frames. There's also maxdeadbodies I think which is part of biopawn (editable on metweaks modmaker as a dynamic mixin). I don't remember where the cleanup variable is, but I have seen it."

Any clue where said variable would be?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: "Corpse Cleanup" - any way to edit/remove it?

Post by Mgamerz »

I have looked into this and it seems to be controlled via native code, which unfortunately is not very user accessible.
Chashan

Post by Chashan »

Mgamerz wrote:I have looked into this and it seems to be controlled via native code, which unfortunately is not very user accessible.
I take this to mean that there is no easy way to try and edit it, much less distribute a mod with such a feature?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Distribution is not much of an issue since we can do it through ASI mods (native code mods). However, it requires significant technical skill (more than I have) to be able to trace and figure out something like this.

You would need to use things like CheatEngine (advanced style), Ida or Ollydbg.