Unresponsiveness with Galaxy Map in EGM

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Beefstew

Unresponsiveness with Galaxy Map in EGM

Post by Beefstew »

I'm aware that there are issues with EGM conflicting with the SP Controller Support mod, and the workarounds have helped resolve several of them in the past, but this one is still plaguing me.
Whenever the game does the first load of the galaxy map (or whichever system the Normandy happens to be floating around in), everything works fine. However, as soon as I travel to a new system, either by Mass Relay or flying to it within the same cluster, all of my controls become unresponsive, except for navigation and the scan command. There is no way to exit the map menu. There is no way to activate a Mass Relay, salvage an anomalous object, or land on a planet either. However, since the game saves whenever you enter a new system, the problem temporarily fixes itself if the game is restarted and resumed from where you left off. But it becomes a problem again as soon as you navigate to a new system. Other issues include Reapers not actually spawning in whenever your scans should normally alert them, as well as certain systems spontaneously appearing/disappearing within a cluster.
At first I thought it was a compatibility issue related to the SP Controller mod I had installed, but I already went through the process to fix that (prior to using ModManager to check the mounting order and generate the compatibility patch, there were similar instances of total unresponsiveness on the email/war table menus). I uninstalled the SP Controller mod, but the issue I mentioned at the beginning remains with the default keyboard and mouse controls. Uninstalling EGM and keeping SP Controller mod, however, fixes the issue. So it's definitely some sort of interaction with EGM that's causing this error.
If I had to guess, the game must be doing some bizarre interaction between the default versions of the map and the modded map, and the UI just can't handle it. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Unresponsiveness with Galaxy Map in EGM

Post by Mgamerz »

I will look into this when I get a chance. I have quite a lot on my plate right now.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

One thought I had - you are not using the old compatibility patch? In the DLC directory is there a DLC_CON_MAPMOD_Xbox folder? If so delete it and rebuild the patch.
Beefstew

Post by Beefstew »

kinkojiro wrote:One thought I had - you are not using the old compatibility patch? In the DLC directory is there a DLC_CON_MAPMOD_Xbox folder? If so delete it and rebuild the patch.
I don't think that helps, unfortunately. If I uninstall any of compatibility patches (either the old hotfix or the ones that I've built), the problem seems to go away, but only some of EGM's features are present. For example, the Phoenix armor, stereo, and modified values of war assets remain, but the Galaxy Map is once again limited to what was present in vanilla ME3, there's no relay-cutscene-skip, and I can't access the war table/spectre terminal from the computer near the galaxy map. But if I install a custom patch to resolve DLC conflicts, I end up getting the error described above, where entering a new system stops all functionality except for the moving the Normandy and scanning.

I also have the Bonus Power Pack mods installed, but those don't seem to affect anything one way or another.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

If you are generating a compatibility pack you are not supposed to use the one provided by EGM. Open conflict detector under mod management and tell us what you see.
Beefstew

Post by Beefstew »

Mgamerz wrote:If you are generating a compatibility pack you are not supposed to use the one provided by EGM. Open conflict detector under mod management and tell us what you see.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You need to generate a compatibility pack. Click the UI is conflicting button and follow the steps and then install the generated mod.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

MGamerz - for my info if you have generated a pack will it show on the conflict screen?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

It will show the generated compatibility pack as the superseding mod on the middle column. If any mod with the folder name DLC_CON_XBX,DLC_CON_UISCALING, or DLC_CON_UISCALING_SHARED is found it means that either controller or interface scaling mod (or the add on) is overriding. With the compat installed those mods won't be superseding (and the patched files will be instead).

If a GUI mod is conflicting it will have that button as shown in his pic. Once the pack is installed it won't show that button anymore.

I'll show a pic when I get home.
Beefstew

Post by Beefstew »

That seems to have worked. Weird; I tried that earlier, and I the problem didn't go away. The problem seems to be fixed now, but do you mind if I leave this topic open for a little while in case there are any further complications?