Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

Genesis 2 fix is installed by mod manager. It should have been already included. You do textures mods, create game database, install this mod. When reverting the database will return your modified texture files.

Custom Restore > Genesis 2 (restore unpacked, otherwise restore sfars)
Restore > restore basegame files.
Restore > custom dlc manager > delete SP controller mod

Texture mods are pretty hard to work with because of how invasive they are to every PCC, and this mod is a bunch of full files that dont use textures mods.

Use custom restore to restore granualy.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The issue for 16:10 seems to be that the UI for PC doesn't scale. This makes everything align properly, somehow. On the scaled HUD it is designed for 4:3 or 16:9 (did me3 support 4:3 on consoles?) so it scales past the visible range. It'll be interesting seeing how this is fixable...
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Have a partial fix for now, it's not "really" a fix besides just scaling down the HUD.

I'm going to see if I can apply it only to the X axis and not the Y so it is lined up with the top and bottom of the screen properly. (For reference this is a 5% change on both sides)

Edit: Got a good looking HUD (haven't done wheels yet) on 16:10, this should work on all 16:10 monitors because it's simply scaling values.

Once I get wheels done and a bit of testing I'll push out 1.061

Edit: 1.061 is live through mod manager updater. It includes 16:10 1680x1050 fix plus an update to the XBX mount.dlc file so if you forget to remove that DLC it won't mess up MP. (This assumes you restore files but forget to remove the DLC)
YouKillingMe

Post by YouKillingMe »

OMG! Thank you. i'll try it as soon as i can
YouKillingMe

Post by YouKillingMe »

It looks almost perfect and completely playable to me now. Upper enemy health bar is misplaced yet so as context action pop-up window, but it's not a big deal. You've done a great job, thank you.

Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Hmm.. Did not test well enough apparently. I will try to get you a fix today.
RBZL

Post by RBZL »

Mgamerz wrote:It's weird, because my galaxy map has audio... Can you send me your save career? It's in documents/BioWare/mass effect 3/save, I think. Need the entire folder.
Here you go, most recently modified one is the one I've been playing.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

YouKillingMe wrote:It looks almost perfect and completely playable to me now. Upper enemy health bar is misplaced yet so as context action pop-up window, but it's not a big deal. You've done a great job, thank you.

1.062 is now live via mod manager updater. Go to mod utils > check for updates on the mod to update to it or wait until your client looks again.

1.062: Fixes 16:10 HUD to move targeting down 5% (instead of 0)
Vejita00

Post by Vejita00 »

Do you have to have DLC installed for this to work? I attempted to install it without any of it and I got several error messages while applying the mod regarding DLC and then attempting to boot the game caused it to lock up and refuse to load.
After I ended the process and tried to boot it up again; the game worked but no controller function was added. Anything you can suggest? Do I need to buy all the DLC for it to work?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You should be able to use any combo of official dlc.

What error messages did you get?