Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
v1rusvk

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by v1rusvk »

hello. i found one minor bug... i dont know like the others but when i move camera left .. its keep rotating to left but its not doin on the opposite side ... i know its stupid but its kinda irritating :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Not sure what you mean...
gazereths

Post by gazereths »

Hey just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much for these mods, got the SP controller working with the expanded galaxy mod. Only done some preliminary testing so far on an old save but will be starting a full new game later tonight, will report back if there are any issues I come across.

Thanks again for all the hard work, you're a legend :P
marsupilami

Post by marsupilami »

hello
Sorry for my english
I just registered here. I just started to play Me3 and want to use SP controller witch my official xbox 360 controller.
I downloaded the sp controller package and mod manager too .

I followed the following steps :

BACKUP my DLC SFARS FOR QUICK RESTORES
CREATE GAME REPAIR DATABASE
INSTALL THE MOD
Install the ASI Binkw32 bypass from the Tools menu AND Then go to Mod Management > ASI Mod Manager, and install Mouse Disabler.

Run the game from the mod manager but my 360 controller doesn't work : I see the splash screen with "Mass effect 3 SP controller " but can't use it ....
No other mods installed
Need help please
I run my computer under Win 7 64 bits

Thx

PS: I try to fix it by clicking Tools > Run AutoTOC on Game in Mod Manager but 360 controller does'nt work anyway
PS 2 : My controller works perfectly in other games
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Do you have any other controller attached - flightstick, etc. If so you must disconnect them.

Can you also send a mod manager log? Upload one from the help/diagnostics menu.
marsupilami

Post by marsupilami »

Mgamerz wrote:Do you have any other controller attached - flightstick, etc. If so you must disconnect them.

Can you also send a mod manager log? Upload one from the help/diagnostics menu.
thanks for help
I have no other controller attached. Yesterday , I achieved to make it work . So I could play with my controller. Great!
But today, when I launch the game , my controller doesn't work anymore . Mouse is disabled too 'cause i disabled it in mod manager.

It seems like , the sp controller is not installed yet . I dont understand why ....

http://pastebin.com/mivZQxWR

Here you can see my 360 xbox controller in the configuration panel

Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Log seems to checkout OK.

Edit: yeah I apparently still can't read, shows you ran Autotoc on game... Sorry.

Try running Autotoc on game: from the tools menu. This step should have run on install, but let's try it anyways. It might fix it for you.

If that doesn't, let's try a full reinstall of the mod:

Remove the mouse disabler ASI (same way you installed it). Go to restore > restore MP sfars + basegame (yes, MP). Then restore > custom dlc manager and delete dlc_con_xbx.

Run the game and make sure KB/m works again. I'd reinstall the mod again at that point, and then do Run AutoToc on Game (tools menu) - that sometimes fixes it.

If that doesn't work, we may have some other issues. Your controller is an official Microsoft controller (not third party)? Does it work in other games on Windows?
marsupilami

Post by marsupilami »

Mgamerz wrote:Log seems to checkout OK.

Edit: yeah I apparently still can't read, shows you ran Autotoc on game... Sorry.

Try running Autotoc on game: from the tools menu. This step should have run on install, but let's try it anyways. It might fix it for you.

If that doesn't, let's try a full reinstall of the mod:

Remove the mouse disabler ASI (same way you installed it). Go to restore > restore MP sfars + basegame (yes, MP). Then restore > custom dlc manager and delete dlc_con_xbx.
Done.
Run the game and make sure KB/m works again. I'd reinstall the mod again at that point, and then do Run AutoToc on Game (tools menu) - that sometimes fixes it.
I run the game and kyeboard and mouse work good. I reinstall the mod as asked but it doesn't work ... :cry: :cry:
If that doesn't work, we may have some other issues. Your controller is an official Microsoft controller (not third party)? Does it work in other games on Windows?
yes controller is an official microsoft. Works perfectly in other games

http://pastebin.com/raw/TgeWx9SB
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Hmmm... I don't know what would cause this.

Are you using any other mods at all? Like a modified coalesced or something?

I think you used binkw32 (not ASI) according to that last log. That was one thing I would have suggested, but that didn't seem to work either.

If you go in game (at title screen), can you open the console (press tab or ~) and type the command

At entry

And press enter? It should load a testing map. Can you control the character? Does the game soft lock if you press start?
marsupilami

Post by marsupilami »

hello
thks for your help

Last night, I tried this : I copy my mod manger 4.4.4 folder (including the mod) from disk E: to disk C: in my origin game Mass effect 3 directory . I reinstalled the mod , launched the game and that's it : It worked :)

I should verify today if it's still working ... Cause last sunday I could play but next day it didn't woked anymore as if the mod wasn't installed anymore ... This is this last point I need to check !

I see later if it's still ok or not . Feedback later :)