Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
dougo1807

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by dougo1807 »

Hi,

I just purchased Mass Effect 3 from Origins. The standard version with the extended cut option. I have an Xbox 360 controller that I use for all my PC games. I installed Mod Manager 4.4.1 and followed the youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xm-kYM4Am4U) posted for installing the SP Controller Support mod. I followed everything step by step. I skipped the Genesis section since I do not have Genesis. I have no other mods installed either. Everything seemed to go along the way it did in the video, except when I start the game the controller doesn't work. The keyboard doesn't work either. The mouse moves but I can just click at the initial screen but the mouse buttons don't work after that, but the cursor does move. I know that is by design when the mod is active,and I know the mod is active because it says SP Controller Support under the title, but my controller doesn't work. I posted the log link below. Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong? Your help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

http://pastebin.com/Bui842p5
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Does spacebar get you past the title screen?
Does your controller show up in windows device manager?

Edit: on win7 you may need to install the driver for the controller. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-w ... dows-setup
dougo1807

Post by dougo1807 »

Spacebar didn't get me past the title screen. After posting I removed everything and tried again and it's working now. I'm not sure what I did differently but thanks for the fast response! Also thanks for making the mod!
dougo1807

Post by dougo1807 »

Well... I played with the controller last night. It worked great. I went to play this morning and the controller isn't working again. It's doing the same thing as it did before. Space does get me past the load screen though, but nothing on the keyboard or mouse works after it gets to the screen that says resume game. I know the controller is fine. I use it on other games all the time. Any ideas?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You may want to restore and install it again. I am not sure why this happens to some users, my tester and I don't have this issue ever come up.
dougo1807

Post by dougo1807 »

I think I figured out the issue. I had a joystick gamepad that that I use for flight simulators that I forgot was plugged in. I guess it was confused on what gamepad it was trying to use. I unplugged it and the xbox controller started working. I totally forgot that was plugged in.
lahad

Post by lahad »

Hey can anyone make a similar mod for dragon age 2 and origins
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Totally different engine. Nobody here will be making one for you.
lahad

Post by lahad »

Hey cool mod i wanted to ask if someone can make a similar mod for dragon age 2 or just give me a guide
MOHOPSOUL

Post by MOHOPSOUL »

Hello, I'm having trouble generating a GUI Compatibility patch with Mod Manager, to make EGM and SP Controller compatible. Whenever I try I always end up with this error Image

I'm definitely online, any tips?