Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Vejita00

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by Vejita00 »

Mgamerz wrote:You should be able to use any combo of official dlc.

What error messages did you get?
I saw something earlier about Genesis 2 and perhaps it is related? I've never modded Mass Effect 3 before and in all honesty, I am trying to help my GF do it. (I told her initially to just use a keyboard/mouse but instead she has been rocking the mods since ME1. So awesome on all of you for doing it.)

The errors are as follows...

http://puu.sh/n1jdc/90bd0a85b2.png
http://puu.sh/n1jf8/f139304dc9.png
http://puu.sh/n1jhb/b791bc1715.jpg

And when you try to run it through the launcher..
http://puu.sh/n1jkL/5940a52254.png

The game refuses to load, if you try again it will open but the controller will not work.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

If you installed another mod that touched TESTPATCH, then you can't back it up as it only will backup if it's original. You'll have to do an origin repair to fix this (testpatch is pretty small, like 2MB). Before you do that, go to Restore > Restore Everything and it will speed it up the origin repair.The other messages you see are not error messages. TESTPATCH is loaded before the game even launches, so if that DLC is messed up, the game won't even load.

Origin Repair: Go to origin, my games tab, right click ME3, repair game.

Once repaired, go to Mod Manager > Backup > Backup DLCs and backup TESTPATCH, and if she's going to use other mods you might as well check them all (about 20GB for all DLCs combined). They will be disabled if they aren't installed.
Vejita00

Post by Vejita00 »

I can't backup TESTPATCH. It is always showing as modified, even after doing a total fresh clean install of the game. It'll always show as modified and the mod will get errors when trying to do things with it as well.
The game also then refuses to load once attempting to mod it. It will load beforehand though, even though Mod Manager lists testpatch as modified(On a fresh install)

-EDIT-
It won't even let me attempt to install mods anymore because it continually says my testpatch is modified even though no other mods have attempted to be installed but this one. I also did a full fresh install of the game but no dice. For some reason everything seems to be screwed up by whatever Testpatch is. The mod gets errors about it and never seems to apply its changes to the game. Perhaps there is a way to install the mod manually or some other potential solution? Any suggestions?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Can you send me a debugging log. Start mod manager then attempt to install the mod. Go through until it finishes.

Help>Copy log to clipboard. Paste it to me in a private message (it may have things like your name in it). Are you using an official copy of the game? Testpatch shows as modified because its md5 is not matching the known one I have. You can also send me your testpatch file: origin games/mass effect 3/biogame/patches/.../patch_001.sfar
Vejita00

Post by Vejita00 »

Mgamerz wrote:Can you send me a debugging log. Start mod manager then attempt to install the mod. Go through until it finishes.

Help>Copy log to clipboard. Paste it to me in a private message (it may have things like your name in it). Are you using an official copy of the game? Testpatch shows as modified because its md5 is not matching the known one I have. You can also send me your testpatch file: origin games/mass effect 3/biogame/patches/.../patch_001.sfar
It is legit, yes. She purchased it on Origin. It is the basic game without anything additional installed. No extended cut or anything yet. I am not sure if it'd be more likely to work if she installed all the DLC first(Or if installing DLC after getting it to work might cause issues.)
She is asleep right now but once she gets up, I'll have the log and send it to you.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Testpatch is a dlc, but its required to play.
eastcoaststoner

Post by eastcoaststoner »

Alright so i tried reading through this forum and didn't find anyone talking about my problem, which means im doing something wrong lol

okay so i downloaded all the things needed to use the xbox controller support for me3, two files i believe, now when i open mod manager and follow the set up steps, i have two mods that are preloaded on it, but i don't see the controller support mod part of the list and nothing i've read tells me how to include it. so i tried running the controller support with the mod manager and now it stuck with that program to start it up/run it but a black window pops up showing that its about to start the program and its like checking the program etc and then it says the xbox support is on but not validated or something (this is all in the black window that pops up when i click on the xbox controller support file) and i can't find a way to add the file to the mod manager i put it in its mods folder, tried dropping it onto the list etc. no matter what i try i cant get it as a part of the mods available list. i have no clue what i am doing btw lol just followed your videos for the mod manager set up and watched your vid on the controller support that doesn't help me at all bc it doesn't show how you got it part of the list, and you don't have a video on how to add mods to the mod manager otherwise i wouldn't be here. but right now i know im not supposed to be running the xbox controller support file with the mod manager application and i can't get it to stop. I've deleted everything and re downloaded and it auto runs the program now :/
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You have to extract the file 7z into the mods/ folder. I don't know what "two" files you speak of, unless you're talking about the MP mod as well (not compatible)

@machine new update will be changing a significant number of files... I'll give you a list when its ready so you can just pluck the ones you want.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I believe I have solved the issue where you have no galaxy map music if you are missing some of the DLC.

The cause:
You don't have all the DLC installed. Specifically, you do not have Citadel_Base (1 of 2 parts of citadel DLC). This mod uses the "latest" version of the galaxy map file, which is present in that DLC. This adds new things to the galaxy map and is cumulative across all of the DLCs (mainly, leviathan). This file somehow references galaxy map music in that DLC (not sure how) rather than the one included in the basegame, which was proven by extracting the galaxy map music from one of that DLCs .afc files. I added this .afc file to the XBX mod folder (51MB) and the music seems to load now (once I ran a TOC on it).

The fix:
In the next update of this mod I will include this file. I need to test to make sure that if you do have the DLC installed this doesn't have a conflict and it works with all configs of DLC.
Gunner46

Post by Gunner46 »

Hi, my problem is the following one,

I have just installed ME3 with all 14 dlcs and the latest update, but as I install this mod, all the DLCs deactivate, it doesn't shouw up in the main menu as it should. Let me explain, normally when there's a problem with asome DLC, as we all know the game shows a message saying this has this problem and bla bla bla. Doesn't happen to me.
The game just goes directly to the main menu and as I check for my in game content nothing shows up, no N7 missions, no weapons in the Spectre Shop and so on.
Can you help me?