Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

If you don't use tankmasters coalesced tool it probably won't work. The other ones don't save values properly and will mess up my dlc.
god_father1992

Post by god_father1992 »

Hmm I did but I got it working with the built in editor of mod manager it wasn't working last night. I shut everything off and get up an now it works! Strange but Ill take it.
davination2014

Post by davination2014 »

Hello i'm having trouble with this mod. Mod Version: 1.092 of the SP controller mod and when I apply mod and go into the game it takes off the multiplayer option on the main menu. So, I added the MP scaled controller mod Mod Version: 0.8 and still its missing from the main menu. Help anyone?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Read the mod description please.
AmazonAsh

Post by AmazonAsh »

Hello, first wanted to say thanks for posting this. I just finished my first play through with my Xbox 360 controller and it was great. Just had a question: how do you obtain screenshots with this mod enabled? Thanks.
monochromatikk

Post by monochromatikk »

i posted this over on nexusmods but thought i might get more help over here.

i was hoping someone had a definitive answer to how to install both this and the sp controller mod plus the interface scaling add-ons and have it all work.

i've tried two times now and same result... mass effect 3 crashing upon launch.

so these are the exact steps i've done:

1. in modmanager, backup dlc and update game repair database.
2. apply sp controller mod.
3. apply interface scaling mod.
4. apply interface scaling add-on.
5. generate compatibility mod and apply.
6. open up me3explorer.
7. unpack dlc.
8. build tree.
9. load dds with the a lot update 5.2.6 files overwriting the original files in the a lot pack.
10. install all dds except the background replacer.
11. install launcherwv and binkw32 in modmanager, neither one works, me3 crashes every time.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You would install both the controller mod and scaling add on, update the tree, then apply it. I am not a texture modder so I can't really be much more specific than that .

I've been away on business, sorry for the late response.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Pushing out a new version of SP Controller Support, version 2.0 (nothing significant about the #).

Changed files:
SFXGame.pcc
Default_DLC_TestPatch.bin (TESTPATCH)
BioP_Char.pcc (GENESIS 2)
BioP_Char.pcc (DLC_CON_XBX).

Changelog:
Can now do facecodes in the character creator, with custom modified UI so you can use controller and still be able to do copy paste of codes (which is not possible on console versions). This version contains a bugfix for the voice when you are choosing your name (though, I don't hear it, but the GUI file indicates otherwise...?) as well as allowing you to press any key to skip the splash screen like in the MP version of the mod.

I don't think compatibility packs will need to be regenerated (I don't think anyone mods these files) but for safe measure you should remove the compat package, install the update and then regenerate a compatibility package.
DellVanity

Post by DellVanity »

Howdy! I'm having a very common problem but I haven't been able to find a fix. I'm running the game with your mod (Newest version of Controller support), backoff, and Expanded Galaxy, however, even with the compatibility mod created in MM, I still can't navigate the war assets menu. (IDK if these are connected either, but if anyone wants to throw me a bone) My game crashes when I try to go through the security scan for some reason, so I can't get to the galaxy map to test if this happens at the Galaxy map. I've also already installed the binkw32 file :/ Thank you ahead of time.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Did you install the EGM hotfix? It fixes that issue, as the mod overrides all mods on that screen. EGM right now is about to launch a new update so the nexus page isn't available right now.

Please send a log from Mod Manager - help/generate diagnostics/check everything except tree. I k is the transplanter updates I recently did fixed issues in the the new version being releases, as old ones seemed to crash more for some reason.