Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
DellVanity

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by DellVanity »

I tried with just the Expanded Galaxy mod fix installed, and then with just the mod manager compatibility installed and neither worked.

(Sorry I borked the last post something fierce, ugh.)

Here's the link: http://pastebin.com/NLZC3bMz
It says I don't have binkw32 but I do, I just don't have the ais version btw.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention, I did get to the galaxy map finally. I can't click anything or leave the menu, just like everyone else.

EDIT 2: (putting this here for if people need help I guess) I cleaned out all the mods in my mod manager and loaded them in a new order (Controller mod first) THEN EGM. Then made a new compatibility patch and tada, it works.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I don't think the install order matters, the compat pack just had to be made last. Good to see it works, once kinkojiro launches the next update be sure to check it out.
DellVanity

Post by DellVanity »

Thank you, I think it's because I just cleaned out all the mods from my computer and tried to put them back in with a fresh extraction. You're super helpful and your mod is amazing!
DellVanity

Post by DellVanity »

Alright yeah never mind, I reloaded my game again and now I can't get through the scanner yet again and I can't access the map :/ Sorry, this is embarrassing. Idk why it worked before.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Close mass effect 3 and mod manager. Run the game until it crashes and dies. Then close the game and make a new log for me. It looks like the game was still running when the log was made.

Might need to wait for the next version of EGM for this to work. I am unsure why the transplanter just kinda stopped working when I had no code changes. The error we found is very strange and shouldn't occur.
DellVanity

Post by DellVanity »

I just uninstalled and vanilla'd my game, and reinstalled it. Put my mods all back in (following all the steps) and now I'm back at it just getting stuck at menus.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Gonna have to wait for the next update of EGM to fix this crash issue. Hit a snag st the last second but it'll be out in less than a week. Waiting on the me3explorer team now.
DellVanity

Post by DellVanity »

Alrighty, just felt like I shoulda given you an update instead of leaving you hanging. :) Thanks for trying to help regardless.
perrob

Post by perrob »

thank you so much for this mod. I much prefer playing with controller :)

Any chance you could re-purpose or recreate this mod for dragon age 2?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Nope. Dragon Age is a totally different engine, for a game I don't have any interest in playing in. Sorry man.