Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

Slot has to always be installed last. I posted a reply on Nexus.
RustyStonewallis

Post by RustyStonewallis »

First off, thank you for this mod. I am confident that I will love it as soon as I can get it to function properly. So, I installed ME3 SP Controller Support through Mod Manager and launched through that, and it works great except for one thing. Well, one thing so far. I am importing my ME2 character from my current playthrough. When I start the new game, everything works just fine through character creation menus and such, and through the conversations. Then, in super immersive fashion, it breaks once the Reapers arrive. By that, I mean that I get stuck at the very very first section of the actual playing part, because the A button stops working. I can shoot, use powers, melee, and do everything except use A to run or to jump across that small gap. I tried reinstalling, and launching both with and without Mod Manager, to no avail. Also, the only other mod that I have is the recommended Interface Scaling Add-On. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

RustyStonewallis wrote:First off, thank you for this mod. I am confident that I will love it as soon as I can get it to function properly. So, I installed ME3 SP Controller Support through Mod Manager and launched through that, and it works great except for one thing. Well, one thing so far. I am importing my ME2 character from my current playthrough. When I start the new game, everything works just fine through character creation menus and such, and through the conversations. Then, in super immersive fashion, it breaks once the Reapers arrive. By that, I mean that I get stuck at the very very first section of the actual playing part, because the A button stops working. I can shoot, use powers, melee, and do everything except use A to run or to jump across that small gap. I tried reinstalling, and launching both with and without Mod Manager, to no avail. Also, the only other mod that I have is the recommended Interface Scaling Add-On. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
What controller are you using? And you can choose dialog options it sounds like?
RustyStonewallis

I am using the standard Wireless Microsoft Xbox for PC controller. And yes, dialogue options work just fine. From what I can tell, it truly is everything functioning except for running and actions (or at least jumping a gap, so far. Haven't had the chance to test out any other actions).
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Did you make any modifications to your game on your own? E.g. Coalesced modding?
RustyStonewallis

I didn't think so, but I checked my files, and I did make a backup of some last time I played (almost a year ago now). So I restored the original files and then reinstalled the two mods, and launched through Mod Manager. Still the same problem. The A button works for dialogue options, inside of menus, and everything else perfectly fine. Just no-go on running or dynamic actions. Unless anyone's got a better idea to try first, I think I'm going to just try to do a total reinstall and go from there.
The One True Nobody

Post by The One True Nobody »

I've been playing with the controller mod for a while and I've only got one problem with it: it completely breaks the character code input box on the creation screen. This is a problem for me, as I generally use a character code to start creating my character and work from there. A fix for this would be much appreciated; the controller mod for Mass Effect 2 was able to make it so that the keyboard and clipboard could still be used with the code box, is it possible to do the same for this?
RustyStonewallis

Did a full reinstall of everything and it solved my issue. Mod is running phenomenally now. Thanks so much for making it!
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

For now you will need to create a character without the mod installed to use character codes. It was a lot of work to do it in ME2 with tools that don't work with ME3.
god_father1992

Post by god_father1992 »

Hey thank you as well for such a lovely mod. I mean really bioware dropped the ball bad and its great that it was fixed and well by you all so thank you really. I don't know if you can help me with this or not. And I know the mod manager explicitly states that mods made not through the manager are not endorsed. But I made a few coal edits to the base game bin file for biotic cooldowns, Normandy scan range and a few other minor edits but when I replace the old bin with the new while your mods installed. When ever I press start to use the menu or if I go into a conversation with the dialog wheel the cursor is stuck on load or the same area as load would be on the dialog wheel. Cant spin the cursor around at all but I can hear it like its moving when I move my thumbstick. If I put back the original coal.bin no problems if I uninstall your mod also no problems i'm really at a loss.