Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
machine4578

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by machine4578 »

Da7mi wrote:I figured out a work around ...
Both mods are trying to modify the same file: BioD_Nor_001Global.pcc
I tried taking a look at it using ME3Explorer but it was a bit too confusing for me.
i was able to merge the BioD_Nor_001Global.pcc files so both the Bonus Power Packs and Xbox gamepad mods work together without the need to rename folders etc. just copy the new BioD_Nor_001Global.pcc to your xbox gamepad mod folder..
BIOGame\DLC\DLC_CON_XBX\CookedPCConsole

link removed, if someone want to test just pm me

note:
this is only for those that have the Bonus Power Packs installed(DLC_CON_BPPack1 and DLC_CON_BPPack2)
Last edited by machine4578 on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Interesting. What was the diff? I'll post this fix in the OP. Thanks :D
linkenski

Post by linkenski »

Dialogue wheel and subtitles are still not scaled up in 1080p. Is there a workaround for that or is it coming in an update? Also, I can't make Shorter Dreams Mod work with it. I'm afraid LIME ending mod won't work either which I won't know until I complete the game again.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

This mod replaces *a lot* of files especially on the Normandy. Due to how ME3 works, its essentially one or the other, not both. The only real solution is to "inject" the GUI files from the overwritten files into the ones you expect to work. I have a tool that kind of does this for my MP mod, but it is not user friendly (at all). I can probably build a UI for people so they can select a file from a controller mod and a corresponding file from another mod and transplant the GUI files, but I am unsure if this is the only changes moonshine made to these files (There's a lot of em). I may be able to code up something that will auto transplant conflicts between mods (though I have no code to detect non-mod manager mods in mod manager, was thinking of making one).

My hands are pretty weak right now though, so writing up that much code would take me some time because I cannot be on keyboard for long. I will look into my transplanter so you can do it manually for now, it shouldn't take much work to work.
machine4578

Post by machine4578 »

@Mgamerz
having such a tool be great :)
also i have been trying to merge the Stimulant Pack DLC addon http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/299/?
with this mod(BioD_CitApt_000Global.pcc needs to be merged), but everytime i try and and add the 2 GUI files to the Stim .pcc the game crashes while load the Citadel apt lvl. :(
i see in the Stim Pack .pcc there is alot of changes unlike the Bonus pack .pcc i posted above. maybe you will have better luck merging the BioD_CitApt_000Global.pcc files.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

AFAIK moonshine didn't change anything but the data for the gfx file exports. So as long as they are all transplanted, it should theoretically work...

I made a thread for the transplanter. Hopefully it'll be done this weekend. I've got some other projects going for MP store as well so we'll see. Once I finish transplanted I will look into what you're describing.

I know the stimpack pacj required some changes for conditionals, and j assume the power also changed to mark it as a bonus power. I wonder if it is possible to mod other powers to be treated as bonus powers.
SoupCruncher

Invert Y-Axis?

Post by SoupCruncher »

how do I invert the Y axis? I also have problems closing exiting the game.

Apart from that, it's a wet dream :D
SoupCruncher

Re: Invert Y-Axis?

Post by SoupCruncher »

Sorry! Just had to be firmer with the left stick when in menu.... My excuse is that I'm a Grandad
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I've figured out how to scale the conversation wheel and subtitles. Subtitles are big pain in the ass though, as they don't actually "Scale" like the other items do. The font size is hard coded, as you go up in resolution, the text does not actually scale. THats why at 720p on consoles the text is nice and big (stretched across a 1080p screen), where on 1080p its tiny especially on a TV. Due to how it is coded, I cannot "scale" the font size. This is not normally an issue, but since the wheel is now bigger it does not fit with the text in its place. I worked out (after an intense day with transam617 working with p-code and trying to figure out how to move the subtitles) and we have a quasi solution, but it doesn't work across all screen resolutions.

I'll make some alternative .swf files for different resolutions, and with the new transplanter tool I can give some instructions on how to use them via the CLI. Maybe I can even make a cmd file so you just run the right resolution you want and it'll inject it. I'd put this into mod manager, but it's a lot of work to add all that new stuff for now, so in the meantime I will be doing this. Hope to get 1.60 out tomorrow.
orlandu21

Post by orlandu21 »

is there a way to mod the level difficulty on this also? Because I am unable to merge the mod I made with mod maker, because they both change the coalesced?