Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 SP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

I've been looking into it. He uses the Xbox coalesced so there is *a ton* of changes, so If need to add all these subtraction values in testpatch and then add all of his new ones. I've wanted to do this though for a while...

I'll look into it this week, I need to update a few things in the MP version first.
RevanIkari

Post by RevanIkari »

First of all thank you for all your hard work, and I'm sorry to bothering you with a previously posted question, but...

I was wondering, (echoing martans original post) if there is a way to use the sp controller mod with a texture modified version of the game (like "a lot of textures").

I absolutely love your mod, and couldn't possibly go back to using M/K, it would just be awsome to be able to do it on a prettier version of the game :-)

Thank you so much
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I don't do texture mods, so I don't know much about them. From what I understand the DLC files are scanned and injected with new references to an updated texture. I don't know how reliable or robust this scan is, but it might be able to work with new textures if you install this mod first, and then the new textures afterwards. It could get pretty ugly afterwards if you are returning to stock ME3 (or MP). Machine might know more than me on that subject.

For coalesced, yeah, I can do that. Textures are pretty invasive in terms of modding for this game.
RBZL

Post by RBZL »

I have no music on the galaxy map, or sounds with certain cutscenes, with this mod installed when launching via the Mod Manager. If I launch through Origin, DLC doesn't validate but the music works. Looks like I'm not the only one - everything else seems to work so far.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

It's weird, because my galaxy map has audio... Can you send me your save career? It's in documents/BioWare/mass effect 3/save, I think. Need the entire folder.
YouKillingMe

Post by YouKillingMe »

Would anybody be so kind to pm me faq, so i could make 1680x1050 resolution ui?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I'll make it for you tomorrow, but if you're really inclined, here's how its done. It's a lot of "steps" but once you do it the first time its really simple.

You need to use JPEX flash decompiler and a hex editor, like HxD.

JPEXS: https://www.free-decompiler.com/flash/download/
HXD: https://mh-nexus.de/en/downloads.php

Take one of the pre-existing files (we'll use 1920x1080 for this example) in the GUIOPTIONS folder and make a copy and put your resolution as the filename like the others.

CHANGING FONT SIZE
Changing font size is done in HxD. Open this SWF file in it by dragging and dropping it into the main window of HxD. On the right hand side, scroll down and look for size="XX" where XX is an number. It comes up in the ASCII version on the right, and occurs 3 times, for top, bottom, and "conversation" (only when wheel is up). Change this size number to whatever you want, but I like to measure it so its the same size as the wheel's font.The default font size is 22 which is too small on high res screens since it doesn't scale. At 720p, it is "bigger" because the font doesn't change size, but the screen does, which is why this worked on consoles.

Looks scary but really it isn't. Just make sure you don't change the filesize, only existing bytes. Save this file and close HxD. You may need to adjust this later.

CHANGING OFFSET FROM BOTTOM OF SCREEN TO PREVENT OVERLAP

Now open it in JPEXs. On the left, under scripts/frame 1/DoAction, you will load a big piece of decompiled code.

Scroll down this code (It's called ActionScript (v2). On lines 170 and 171 are the lines we will need to edit, but we will have to edit the right interface, the "P-code source" one, because editing the left (Actionscript source) will produce errors and pretty much bust the game.

Click on the 1.25 (or whatever value you have, as each files has different ones). On the right side, it should update to a line that says Push <Value> (where its what yours shows, 1.25 in this pic)

Click edit on the bottom of P-Code Source, and then you can modify these 1.25 values. They must be greater than (or equal to 1) and typically will vary between 1 and 2. At 1920x1080 I use 1.25, as it goes down I go towards 1. This value is the multiplier for the offset from the bottom of the screen, since at 1x it is not enough.

Do this for both of these values. Now click save at the bottom (where edit was), and then save in the top left of JPEXS.

ONE TIME ONLY:
You will want to update SetTextScaling.cmd. Right click this file and click edit.

Add a line in the ECHO 1... ECHO 2... etc lines. For example,add

Code: Select all

ECHO 6 - 1680x1050 (16:9)
Put this next to the other ones in this file. (this will make it output in the menu).

Now directly below this is a bunch of IF statements. You nee to make a new one, and set it ==X where X is the number you added above (in this case, 6).

Code: Select all

IF %M%==6 GOTO 1050_169
1050 is your screen height, and 169 is your aspect ratio.

Now below this are :HEIGHT_ASPECT tags, with the exact tags as we added. Copy one of these and paste it below one of the others, but above :FINISH. Change the :HEIGHT_ASPECT to your screen height and aspect ratio (169 or 43). It should match your GOTO statement above but preceeded by a :.

Change the --inputfile parameter to reference your new file (1680x1050 suffix). That's all you need to do for that. If you feel lost, look at all the other ones and notice the differences.

APPLY NEW SCALING FILE
Now run SetTextScaling.cmd and select your new resolution. You will need to adjust the values and font sizes as necessary to get the precise position, which means editing the offset values, injecting them with the cmd file, and restarting the game.
arkhamtheknight

Post by arkhamtheknight »

What numbers would I need to change to get it to 720p? Since the consoles went to 720p, I wanna try and do that as well plus not everyone in the world has a 1080p monitor.
YouKillingMe

Post by YouKillingMe »

Thank you for easy and detailed instruction, but my main problem is my aspect ratio = 16:10
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You can use 1610 instead of 169.

Arkham, read the description in mod manager, it says how to change it. The 720p file is the default for ME3 (not for this mod though)