Question about Dynamic Mixins

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Hyperspeed1000

Question about Dynamic Mixins

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

Hi,

i messed a bit with dynamic mixins and changed some variables (in my case for banshee) and i noticed that the normal mixins (banshee: longer jump + reverse jump) stopped working after i applied the dynamic ones.

So my question is if its just a bug or do dynamic mixins not work with the normal mixins cuz there is some kind of file replacement going on?

Thx
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Question about Dynamic Mixins

Post by Mgamerz »

Banshee long jump was ported to dynamic mixins, its no longer available in the main mixins list. The values should already be in your dynamic mixins page.

Reverse jump should still work like normal. The conversion process was a bit confusing so I may have done it incorrectly...
Reverse side warp will be ported to dynamic mixins soon, as it is just a floating value I can use.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

i dont know if i am that stupid or not...but it seems that banshee long jump still doesnt work for me...i just tested it ><
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

What's your mod code?
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

i just made a small change to see if its even listed in the mixin list when you apply the mod....and its not....but before dynamic mixins it definitely was. But maybe its just me.....
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

hmm, i believe i found the problem: I just read in the mixin library of the Mod Manager that Longer Jump applies only to Original Banshee but before dynamic mixins i used only Banshee2 and Longer Jump worked with that as well (maybe cuz you did a mistake back then?!)
but now it seems you have done it right this time and thats why my banshees2 are not long warping anymore....

but thats my theory for now....can you confirm?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

It depends on what enemy loads first. The Original Banshee (Banshee) and normal Banshee (Banshee2) both have shared AI values. However, whichever one loads first 'wins' the data that is loaded, I think. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but for shared values like I am unsure which one is actually kept in memory - the originally loaded enemy, or an updated loaded enemy. The game normally assumes that same named data is a duplicate. Its hard to explain. In my testing for dynamic mixins I get inconsistent results for editing shared attributes of the same enemies.

Edit: I am looking at your published mod delta. The only changes for dynamic mixin banshees you have is Banshee2 - Enemy Distance (Melee) set to 150. I believe you must set Medium and Short distance to change how the banshee warps. I will look into it. I maybe have actually changed a bit more code (swap short with medium distance) in the mixin version that I did not apply when I converted it. On zombie mod however I am still getting super long jump banshees with my ported code and no long jump mixin (only dynamic ones). Here's what I set when I ported them for users:

http://i.imgur.com/eN7erpl.png

I still have my reverse jump one working with zombie mod. Without long jump reverse side warp has a fairly difficult time working because it will be in range of melee.
Hyperspeed1000

Post by Hyperspeed1000 »

thank you,

i set my values exactly like yours and it seems that enemy distance long/ medium/short are responsible for the length of banshee jump

i just suggest you add a small note to enemy distances so ppl know what effect this actually does on the banshee
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Done.