ME3Tweaks Forums

Modding forum for the Mass Effect series

Game Freezes once map or war assets in CIC is accessed.

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.

Postby MrBlue36 » Tue May 03, 2016 7:14 am

The first problem I have is that the game, even though I have give it the right ME3 path installs in a separate Mass Effect 3 file within the given path..I don't think this causes the problem but it irritates me. The second problem is the one I need the most help with, as the titles says, once I access the war assetes terminal in CIC the game freezes. similarly, once I access the galaxy map, the game allows for controller movement but no button input to exit or choose a system. I ma using a 360 Controller with the Single Player Controller mod as well as Backoff, ME3Rcalibrate and Reshade and sweetfx 2.0.I have run the tests before and the problem does not occur once DLC_CON_MAPMOD is disabled. I will look around ME3Tweaks for help as well.
This happen before I updated the SP Controller to the new version and run the compatibility pack for EGM.

Note: I am using a pirated version of the trilogy from CorePack. I noticed that something was wrong with the game after I run the SP Controller Support from ME3CMM and the CorePack logo animation didn't finish once the game was launched.
MrBlue36
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 7:10 am

Postby kinkojiro » Tue May 03, 2016 8:19 am

Femshep you can ignore the first part of the above. The path issue is just a minor bug in the NSIS installer.

Second part I am not sure what the issue is - it sounds like the EGM Compatibility pack is not correctly working and the player is not getting SP GUIs. I will redo it and see if that works.
kinkojiro
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:47 am

Postby kinkojiro » Tue May 03, 2016 9:42 am

MrBlue, I have redone some of the compatibility patch files. Drop the contents into the DLC_CON_MAPMOD_Xbox\CookedPCConsole folder and autotoc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgez2caaqxi2t ... 6.rar?dl=0

As you have a cracked game there is a high probability that that maybe the issue. We have had cases before where the mod didn't like cracked exes. Make sure the exe is v1.05. Unless Femshep has any ideas that is all I can do.
kinkojiro
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:47 am

Postby Mgamerz » Tue May 03, 2016 2:19 pm

MrBlue36 wrote:The first problem I have is that the game, even though I have give it the right ME3 path installs in a separate Mass Effect 3 file within the given path..I don't think this causes the problem but it irritates me. The second problem is the one I need the most help with, as the titles says, once I access the war assetes terminal in CIC the game freezes. similarly, once I access the galaxy map, the game allows for controller movement but no button input to exit or choose a system. I ma using a 360 Controller with the Single Player Controller mod as well as Backoff, ME3Rcalibrate and Reshade and sweetfx 2.0.I have run the tests before and the problem does not occur once DLC_CON_MAPMOD is disabled. I will look around ME3Tweaks for help as well.
This happen before I updated the SP Controller to the new version and run the compatibility pack for EGM.

Note: I am using a pirated version of the trilogy from CorePack. I noticed that something was wrong with the game after I run the SP Controller Support from ME3CMM and the CorePack logo animation didn't finish once the game was launched.

The controller mod is not compatible with backoff, me3recalibrated, and I don't support pirated editions. Sorry, but people put thousands of man hours into these games. The least you can do is pay them for their work.
User avatar
Mgamerz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:13 am

Postby MrBlue36 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Mgamerz wrote:
MrBlue36 wrote:The first problem I have is that the game, even though I have give it the right ME3 path installs in a separate Mass Effect 3 file within the given path..I don't think this causes the problem but it irritates me. The second problem is the one I need the most help with, as the titles says, once I access the war assetes terminal in CIC the game freezes. similarly, once I access the galaxy map, the game allows for controller movement but no button input to exit or choose a system. I ma using a 360 Controller with the Single Player Controller mod as well as Backoff, ME3Rcalibrate and Reshade and sweetfx 2.0.I have run the tests before and the problem does not occur once DLC_CON_MAPMOD is disabled. I will look around ME3Tweaks for help as well.
This happen before I updated the SP Controller to the new version and run the compatibility pack for EGM.

Note: I am using a pirated version of the trilogy from CorePack. I noticed that something was wrong with the game after I run the SP Controller Support from ME3CMM and the CorePack logo animation didn't finish once the game was launched.

The controller mod is not compatible with backoff, me3recalibrated, and I don't support pirated editions. Sorry, but people put thousands of man hours into these games. The least you can do is pay them for their work.


I have paid for all of the games before as well as ll the dlc's with each game as it came out for the Xbox 360. I have completed each game more than 4 times. I love this trilogy and the only reason I am pirating it is to play it with more options on the PC.
MrBlue36
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 7:10 am

Postby Mgamerz » Tue May 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I don't see switching platforms as a justifications to pirate the game. People still dedicated time and effort to make it run on PC. Either way I don't support pirated versions of the game because they make unknown modifications that I would have no way to fix nor test with.
User avatar
Mgamerz
Site Admin
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:13 am

Postby MrBlue36 » Tue May 03, 2016 5:55 pm

kinkojiro wrote:MrBlue, I have redone some of the compatibility patch files. Drop the contents into the DLC_CON_MAPMOD_Xbox\CookedPCConsole folder and autotoc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lgez2caaqxi2t ... 6.rar?dl=0

As you have a cracked game there is a high probability that that maybe the issue. We have had cases before where the mod didn't like cracked exes. Make sure the exe is v1.05. Unless Femshep has any ideas that is all I can do.


I have done this and the issue is still there. I will buy the original game from Origin soon and try it with EGM. Later on today I will try to run just EGM and the controller mod, if it works I will make a backup and add mods individually and see when the game starts to act weird.
MrBlue36
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 7:10 am

Postby Neiguel » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:01 am

MrBlue36 wrote:The first problem I have is that the game, even though I have give it the right ME3 path installs in a separate Mass Effect 3 file within the given path..I don't think this causes the problem but it irritates me. The second problem is the one I need the most help with, v tight gel as the titles says, once I access the war assetes terminal in CIC the game freezes. similarly, once I access the galaxy map, the game allows for controller movement but no button input to exit or choose a system. I ma using a 360 Controller with the Single Player Controller mod as well as Backoff, ME3Rcalibrate and Reshade and sweetfx 2.0.I have run the tests before and the problem does not occur once DLC_CON_MAPMOD is disabled. I will look around ME3Tweaks for help as well.
This happen before I updated the SP Controller to the new version and run the compatibility pack for EGM.

Note: I am using a pirated version of the trilogy from CorePack. I noticed that something was wrong with the game after I run the SP Controller Support from ME3CMM and the CorePack logo animation didn't finish once the game was launched.


I have redone some of the compatibility patch files. Drop the contents into the DLC_CON_MAPMOD_Xbox\CookedPCConsole folder and autotoc.
Last edited by Neiguel on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neiguel
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 am

Postby GaleCanfield » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:00 am

thank you for sharing the information and creating this thread it was quite helpful
GaleCanfield
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:11 am


Return to Mass Effect 3