Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
raynebc

Re: Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Post by raynebc »

As a test, I uninstalled the MP controller support mod and was able to launch the game and create the new character by typing a name for it. After exiting the game and re-installing the mod, I tried to rename a character but again the keyboard input was ignored. My room mate doesn't seem to be affected by this issue and he uses the latest MP controller support mod as well.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You have to press A on the field so it gains focus. Keyboard entry was a huge pain to mod in for the appearance window.
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

I don't believe that's the issue. I have been pressing A and it highlights the placeholder character name text and inserts a blinking cursor to indicate it is ready for keyboard input, but it acts like no keyboard input is received. The keyboard works perfectly out-of-game and when I had removed the MP controller support mod, I was able to name my character. After re-installing the mod, I unlocked a new character but was again unable to deploy it because I couldn't type a name for the character. The mod had been working perfectly fine allowing me to name characters a little while ago (probably a few versions ago), I just hadn't unlocked any new characters in a while so I don't know how long this issue has really been in effect.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

That's weird... I have an alt account on another computer I am testing with and it seems to work fine. Are you able to open the console (tab/tilde) and type in there in game?

Can you generate a mod manager log from help/generate diagnostics log and leave the default options.
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

Here is the requested log:
http://pastebin.com/G9PHVA1P

When I've entered the multiplayer menu, I can pull up the console with tab or tilde and type commands into it. When the character customization screen's character name field has focus, keyboard input is still not picked up, but I can immediately press tab and key strokes are displayed in the console. Please let me know if there is any other troubleshooting I can perform. Having to uninstall the mod to deploy a new character is a minor annoyance, but hardly a deal-breaker.

Edit: I did update Java a few days ago (to Java 8 Update 101). The timing seems similar to when I first experienced the problem, but that might be a coincidence.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Install binkw32 bypass from the tools menu. Let's start with that. I know if launcherwv doesn't start fast enough things in testpatch don't load properly (strangely). Mod Manager now defaults to binkw32 instead of the launcherwv if a bypass isn't installed.
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

I installed the binkw32 DLC bypass and launched the game, but the keyboard input problem seemed unaffected.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Not sure what else to do here to be honest. Keyboard support is already pretty barebones.

What controller are you using?
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

Wired Microsoft-branded Xbox 360 controller. The only other troubleshooting steps I can think of are to downgrade Java or the ME3 mods. Are there older versions of the mods available someplace, or is downgrading them not recommended for any purpose?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Older versions are on nexus. Java is only for mod manager, it has nothing in-game. Downgrading is fine. Though i don't support older versions, but I don't remember any changes. Just don't accept the updates that mod manager will prompt.

Does the character screen have the right UI? E.g. xbox buttons, just no key board input, or is it keyboard and mouse UI and no keyboard input.

I'm sick right now so working on anything is not really gonna happen...