Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
PopeHatSkeleton

Re: Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Post by PopeHatSkeleton »

I got it working! I would turn on Enable Change Options and reapply the mod, which would allow me to go into the options menu. However, if I changed any of the options, the game would crash as soon as I tried to back out of the menu. What finally worked was uninstalling the mod, enabling mouse inversion in the normal game, and then reapplying the mod. This way, the Y axis was inverted without me having to change anything in the options and triggering the crash.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The game shouldn't crash... We're you able to use the left stick in the menus during that session?
PopeHatSkeleton

Post by PopeHatSkeleton »

I don't remember on that particular session, but I just went back and tried reverting the settings to how they were before I started messing with them to see if I could make it crash again. I was able to change the options around as much as I wanted with no crashes. So, all's well I guess.
darklinkpower

Post by darklinkpower »

Hello, first of all, thanks a lot for the mod, I just bought the game only for the multiplayer, and having hundred of hours on the x360 version, I'm really accustomed to using a controller. I have a question: since installing the mod, I can't use the keyboard+mouse to play, is there a way for them to be available with this patch or do I have to unninstall the mod? If so, do I just need to restore the DLCs?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The way the game engine is designed it doesn't really work with both (and not at all in the GUIs). To uninstall use restore > Restore MP DLC SFARs + Basegame.
darklinkpower

Post by darklinkpower »

ok thanks a lot for the quick answer, I guess I'll stick with the mod support only then.
KingMe42

Post by KingMe42 »

Hello.

So I'm looking around for ways to fix this but currently haven't found much. I have applied the mo controller support using the mod manager and when I load the game under Mass Effect 3 it sais MP controller support.

However the issue lie when I load the game it said the Reckoning dlc is not properly installed or something. When I go to origin and repair game, repair dlc, update dlc, etc. Not only that, but the controller works in the title screen where I can select "new Game, Load Game, Multiplayer", but once I hit multiplayer and my character loads the controller no longer functions and nether does the keyboard, the mouse moves along but I can't select anything. I am unable to play MP with a controller so far.

Any ideas?
KingMe42

Post by KingMe42 »

So the message about Reckoning dlc is how it was downloaded by an account which didn't purchase it, but it's a free dlc. I don't understand.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

You must run the game through mod manager's start game button or use a permanent dlc bypas (tools menu). Your dlc is modified, and the entitlement on the server doesn't say you are entitled to the modified dlc.
KingMe42

Post by KingMe42 »

I don't understand how it is modified but how can I unmodify it? I have tried restoring the dlc through the mm and origin.