Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Effect 3 MP Controller Support

Post by Mgamerz »

Origin game repair would restore it for you. You have purchased the dlc in origin right? Even though it is free you still have to "purchase" it to be granted the entitlement. Mod manager custom restore will show the status of your games dlc.

Depending on where me3 is installed you may need to run mod manager as admin.
davination2014

Post by davination2014 »

Hello i'm having trouble with this mod. Mod Version: 1.092 of the SP controller mod and when I apply mod and go into the game it takes off the multiplayer option on the main menu. So, I added the MP scaled controller mod Mod Version: 0.8 and still its missing from the main menu. Help anyone?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Read the description of the mods.
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

First, let me thank you for this wonderful mod. Not being able to use a game controller was the main reason I didn't originally buy ME3 for the PC platform. On to the issue: I currently use version 0.8 of the scaled MP Controller Support mod. Ever since version 0.82 of this mod was released, the ME3 Mod Manager offers to update the mod, but it fails. My friend gets the same error on his computer. I collected the logging, here's what I believe the relevant portion is:
Downloaded file: http://me3tweaks.com/mods/updates/mp_co ... p.pcc.lzma, saved to disk as 2429922 bytes
WARN/ERROR: Downloaded LZMA file size is wrong: EXPECTED:
2438036, GOT:2429922
WARN/ERROR: Failed to download file http://me3tweaks.com/mods/updates/mp_co ... p.pcc.lzma:
WARN/ERRORjava.io.IOException: Downloaded file does not match listed size in manifest:
C:\ME3CMM\data\temp\MP Controller Support - Scaled\BASEGAME/Startup.pcc.lzma
at com.me3tweaks.modmanager.modupdater.ModUpdateWindow$MultithreadDownloadTask$DownloadTask.call(ModUpdateWindow.java:421)
at com.me3tweaks.modmanager.modupdater.ModUpdateWindow$MultithreadDownloadTask$DownloadTask.call(ModUpdateWindow.java:1)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

WARN/ERROR: A file failed to download.
Update complete. The result of the task was FAILURE
Auto-Updater thread: performing done()
Updating last-autocheck date in ini
Starting Mod Manager UI (ModManagerWindow)
Loading mods...
Lastly, both of the Xbox 360 controllers I've tried with the mod exhibit a slight drift on the right analog stick. I assume this is from wear, but I couldn't find a way to configure Windows' controller drive to compensate for this. Is there a way to configure a dead zone within the mod? Thanks again.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

raynebc wrote:First, let me thank you for this wonderful mod. Not being able to use a game controller was the main reason I didn't originally buy ME3 for the PC platform. On to the issue: I currently use version 0.8 of the scaled MP Controller Support mod. Ever since version 0.82 of this mod was released, the ME3 Mod Manager offers to update the mod, but it fails. My friend gets the same error on his computer. I collected the logging, here's what I believe the relevant portion is:
Downloaded file: http://me3tweaks.com/mods/updates/mp_co ... p.pcc.lzma, saved to disk as 2429922 bytes
WARN/ERROR: Downloaded LZMA file size is wrong: EXPECTED:
2438036, GOT:2429922
WARN/ERROR: Failed to download file http://me3tweaks.com/mods/updates/mp_co ... p.pcc.lzma:
WARN/ERRORjava.io.IOException: Downloaded file does not match listed size in manifest:
C:\ME3CMM\data\temp\MP Controller Support - Scaled\BASEGAME/Startup.pcc.lzma
at com.me3tweaks.modmanager.modupdater.ModUpdateWindow$MultithreadDownloadTask$DownloadTask.call(ModUpdateWindow.java:421)
at com.me3tweaks.modmanager.modupdater.ModUpdateWindow$MultithreadDownloadTask$DownloadTask.call(ModUpdateWindow.java:1)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

WARN/ERROR: A file failed to download.
Update complete. The result of the task was FAILURE
Auto-Updater thread: performing done()
Updating last-autocheck date in ini
Starting Mod Manager UI (ModManagerWindow)
Loading mods...
Lastly, both of the Xbox 360 controllers I've tried with the mod exhibit a slight drift on the right analog stick. I assume this is from wear, but I couldn't find a way to configure Windows' controller drive to compensate for this. Is there a way to configure a dead zone within the mod? Thanks again.
I am curious if there the online manifest is wrong. I'll try an upgrade from .8 to .82 and see what happens. As for the aim drift, I am unsure if deadzone is fixable. I have tested many times ways to fix it but I haven't seen how to do it in unreal's keybinding setup.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Try now, I fixed it. Not sure how I uploaded a broken one like that (it had other errors as well). I just tested .8 to .82 and it works now (it didn't before).
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

Thank you. I'll give it a try soon.

Regarding the dead zone issue, there are third party controller mods like Durazno, but I didn't want to assume it would work properly with the ME3 mods. Microsoft support didn't have anything useful to offer as far as first party solutions go.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

My controller mod actually uses controller input rather than emulating it (and gives proper UI). Not sure what the other ones do.
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

The controller support mod was able to update without issue.
raynebc

Post by raynebc »

I've run into a different issue. With the latest versions each of the MP controller support mod and ME3 mod manager, I find that I cannot use the keyboard to provide the mandatory customized name for a newly unlocked character. I suppose in a pinch I could try to remove/disable the controller support mod long enough to do this, but it's been working wonderfully and I'm afraid to break it. Is this an issue anybody other than me is seeing?