Interface Scaling Mod

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Jinx

Re: Interface Scaling Mod

Post by Jinx »

Hi mate, thank you for replying back o my thread on me3explorer. I am very willing to help you develop this mod any way I can. I use a 28" 2160p monitor and although I don't really care about subtitles and I don't use a controller either I do find the Combat HUD impossible to see.

I currently have ALOT texture pack installed via explorer along with Back off and me3 recalibrated. Would I be best to back up my modded version of the game in the mean time and test with a vanilla install?
Jinx

Post by Jinx »

Just to say I am also in awe of your abilities. I wouldn't know where to start and I have been using more with games including mass effect for years. .

Props to you
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Anytime you install new mods you pretty much need to reinstall a lot over the top, or the new DLC files will point to the old textures. The current download I have posted tries to update itself to a new version, because I posted the wrong update code for it. Don't accept the update if you use it or the mod will change into the expanded galaxy mod compatibility pack.

Once I finish up the SP Controller Support update I will be able to identify files that have interfaces that need scaled. SP controller support is essentially a superset of the interface scaling mod.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I am now in need of testers for this mod.

If you currently have other mods/high res textures, you must either:

1) use game toc option in the options menu (set before you install the mod!)
2) Run Game-Wide Autotoc (tools menu) after you install the mod

Since this is a testing mod, you're wasting your time if reinstall the high res textures again into this. You will only notice texture changes in areas where there is an atlas you can climb into.

Note that this only scales up *most* of the HUD. Platform agnostic items such as progress bars and counters will not scale, they will be part of the shared interface scaling add on mod (will work with both SP Controller Support and this mod, to save duplicate work and bandwidth).

To remove the mod, use Custom DLC Manager > Delete DLC_CON_UIScaling and then do Custom Restore basegame and testpatch (and retaliation). If you are using high res textures do not restore SFARs, restore unpacked instead.

Download Interface Scaling Mod:
http://me3tweaks.com/mods/hosted/interf ... ng_1090.7z

Please take screenshots of your game in various mods such as the command HUD, conversations, subtitles on, multiplayer, etc. They will be very helpful.

Drag and drop onto mod manager to import, and then install it. If you don't use MP you can ignore the message about retaliation collector HUD.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I'll need to push an update for this as biod_lev004100surface has a counter that doesn't scale. I'm playing at 3.2K and its nigh impossible to read.
xLegendx05

Post by xLegendx05 »

Thank you for this mod. Working for me at native 1920x1080. This is necessary to make the game playable IMO.
smi12345

Post by smi12345 »

HI! Very nice job on the mod. However I am facing a problem. Trying to use this mod (plus the add-on) with any resolution higher that 1920x1800 (and in particular 2880x1800 in my mac retina), has the side-effect of the HUD becoming to big and being placed partly outside of the screen. Can you help me with this issue?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Unfortunately I have no way to test those resolutions. There are also significant scaling issues outside of 16:9 (some items scale wrong that I could not fix). So you'll have to use 16:9 unfortunately.
heffplay

Post by heffplay »

Hi! Thank you very much for the mod. I have a question. How can I install only large subtitles, without changing the interface?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I can cook you up a solution for that. Give me a day or two.