EGM / SP controller compatibility

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: EGM / SP controller compatibility

Post by Mgamerz »

I did that...? Do you mean yours? The thing about GUI texture is that you need to use asset explorer to do it. Texplorer is way overkill (and when I did MP controller, didn't even work).

I will see if I can script something up... Asset explorer is strangely written.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

So I got ME3Explorer (old version) to interpret the Xbox version of Startup.xxx.

Here's what I see for items. RAWDATA is the SWF file in binary.

When cloning, these exports (as in arrayproperty) in references are not cloned.

I added galaxy map to my startup file and did not see any in game changes, but the game loaded. I wonder if it is because there were no bad references or something... Maybe it aborts if no references or something? Will have to look into it more later...
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Use texplorer it is easy if you do this: Make a copy of me3 in a new directory. Delete all but 1 or 2 .pcc, all other files but leave the tfc in biogame directory. Copy the DLC tfc in there as well and delete all but one DLC folder with an empty star. Now make a copy of me3explorer set the directories to the new folder. Now run texplorer and you can drop the file you want to mod the textures. It will run a scan in a few seconds and you can extract/add as you want then copy back into the main version. That is my work process when modding.

You will probably need to add back in the array properties, I would think. I know bad references in material binaries immediately ctd even if the material is not being used so that was probably causing the issue.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I don't think texplorer works with GUI textures properly. GUI textures are not put in an external tfc.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

As I have added over 50 GUI textures, I can safely say it works fine lol. Actually all textures have at least 1 mip level stored in the pcc it is only multi-mip ones (ie non GUI) that also have tfc stored textures.

In any case I realised if you are importing GUIs via me3creator across pccs then you don't need to use texplorer.

Edit: also I may have a go at this if I get some time next weekend.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Another option is to add new patch files to TESTPATCH. It already has some GUI patches which are literally PCC files with only the GUI in it (about 5 exports total). It uses imports for the other items. Could possibly add a PCC for each different GUI and that way I'd only have to deal with imports... I should write an array editor.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I wrote an Interpreter 2 array deletion function. It's in my repo but hopefully will be pulled into the main repo.

Eventually will add an add function (hopefully), which should make building GUI reference array much easier. And can eventually script it.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

I just been using the new array functions. My god that saves so much time and effort. Can't thank you enough.

Your idea about testpatch files sounds interesting - do they get priority over a DLC file?

BTW with EGM I have found another file to use as an alternate to the MP startup file, and it doesn't have any GUIs. So an improvement and hopefully will make your life slightly easier.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

They seem to have the highest priority. Not sure why since it has the lowest mount priority but it loads before the game window even opens.

I've put a little work into modding the last week... My hands are weak for some reason right now. My knuckles need popping every minute or so and its awful.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Ouch. Sounds painful. Don't overdo it.

I have redone the manifest and if I can get that to work will update the main mod as well.