EGM / SP controller compatibility

Discuss Mass Effect 3 mods and modding tools here. This includes multiplayer mods.
kinkojiro

Re: EGM / SP controller compatibility

Post by kinkojiro »

That is very handy thanks.

The XBOX values above match the PC defaults so that saves me some work.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Super slow scanner is an issue with my mod, not yours. I'm looking into it. Looks like a few other values I missed may be to blame (inputattenuation? Whats' that?)

Edit: haha yep, that fixed it, on PC it scrolls at 5% of your mouse speed.If you don't change that for xbox, it scrolls at 5% as well instead of 100%. Now it's nice and fast again, will uplaod 1.072 ASAP.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Great. I am almost there with the patch. If only I could understand the (lack of) mounting issue.

On the DLC files I have asked a couple of people for trees as you suggested. Nothing looks off to me, except I think one said he had backoff and another story mod that were working but were not in the tree - I am waiting for confirmation on that.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Do you want to give them a mod manager version to see if it's the installer? The new build 51 can install it now.

I can also build in (quickly as a custom build) a tool that scans all mount dlc files that are installed and shows them. I planned on doing it anyways but it could be helpful to diagnose.

I have to fix one or two more things still in my mod... Small issues keep cropping up. Nice to have some good testers now :D

Have you had them try to run the game without the bink files? If the dlc doesn't show up as invalid there then the game isn't even seeing it.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Ok I wish I had done that at the start. I asked one person to install another story mod (ME3Re) which he did and that fixed it. It must be the binks. So ME3Re files have slightly different checksums.

Anyway waiting for confirmation but that should do it. Any other errors are not major and not going to be fixed in the short term so I will try to get the patch together tonight.

BTW: What I am thinking of doing is putting together brief instructions of how to get the SP mod/EGM working together. This is more to highlight the availability on my downloads page than really pass a lot of information on.

What version of Mod Manager do I need to use to put it all together?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

To get the mods to work together you will just use mod manager, install EGM, controller, and the compatability pack. There is no special order since they are fully mutually exclusive. Build 51 supports EGM (fixes a bug in your mod that adds the two exec files). Download the mod package, unzip it to Mod Manager's mods directory, and reload mod manager. Create the game database (1st use only... Not necessarily ssary for you mod. But SP does) and then install the mod. On phone so I'm typing weak instructions, will type better when I get on pc.

I sent you a pack for it a few days ago. You can open that up and look at moddesc.ini. It should be already done for you and you won't need to change much except description, version (keep it a floating point!) and other data. Unless you have added more files outside of you dlc folder.

Mod Manager is fully backwards compatible so you won't need to worry about mod manager versions like you do with me3explorer. Build 51 and up will continue to support your installs. If you wanted you can bundle Mod Manager with the mod already in the folder so people open it and run it.

Mod Manager automatically installs a DLC bypass so you don't need to deal with that stuff. Users can easily upgrade to binkw32 via one click in a menu. Issues like these are why I built mod manager, so they don't happen with it.

I can build the mod for you if you want, its pretty easy. Before you deploy it make sure you do mod utils > run autotoc on this mod.

Edit: PC Edition

MOD MANAGER INSTALL:
Mod Manager is a mod management tool for Mass Effect 3. It will keep this mod up to date for you [assuming you want to use this feature kinko] and install other mods quickly and easily. There is a small amount of first time setup for Mod Manager .

Download Mod Manager: http://me3tweaks.com/modmanager [or nexus link]
Download the Expanded Galaxy Map Mod Manager mod: [Mod Manager link]

Extract Mod Manager and then extract the Expanded Galaxy Mod into the mods/ directory of Mod Manager. [I am working on a way to import a archive so they don't have to do this, mod manager will automatically do it... its not done yet, coming in build 52 or 53]. If this is your first time using Mod Manager, go to Backup > Update Game Repair Database and Update the database. Once this is complete, click Expanded Galaxy Mod on the left and click Apply Mod. Press Start Game to launch the game. Mod Manager will automatically check for updates to this mod every few days and will notify you of updates and download them.

Alternatively tell them to do Tools > Install Binkw32.dll bypass.

Might be able to condense that a bit or point to a link of how to do it with Mod Manager. Seems kinda long since you have to do the game repair database, but it allows more control than a standard installer so...

EDIT 2: If you are trying to do directions only for EGM and SP controller mod, have them install SP first, and then extract your EGM into the folder and click to install it and the compat pack. SP controller requires the game database so it will automatically be done by the time EGM is installed.

Edit 3: LET ME BLAST MORE INFORMATIONNNNNN AT YOUUUUU
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Kinko can you review your me3tweaks page I linked in previously and let me know if there's more info you want me to add or change? I can make a video of it once the next version comes out and upload it unless you want to use your own video. Once you have the next version out (and mod manager version available too) I can set the page to visible.
kinkojiro

Post by kinkojiro »

Sorry I have been a bit snowed. The only bug outstanding (which can be fixed in the short term) is the mounting issue.

So I will review the page asap and start putting together a 0.9.1 zip file for you plus an instructions file that you can review.
How do you want to handle the patch? Can you do the GUI transplants or shall I? I still don't understand how you fixed the WarRoom file?

Quick question on the mount problems:

EGM and XBX's mount.dlc have a couple of extra items even compared to some of the bioware dlc:

Post the tlk string it says 33 15 00 00 and 0B 00 00 00? Others have this as blank. Can you remind me what these do?
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The warroom file was due to a bug in the transplanter tool. It didn't actually swap any interfaces. I have a script that looks for every file in a folder and injects all the Xbox swf files into each file, assuming that file has an appropriately named export. Then I delete unneeded changed files (such as weapons) and move the remaining files to the compatability pack.

Every mount has the following known properties:

Tlk1 and Tlk2 ID (people only seem to set #1, my tool sets both to be identical) (2x4 bytes, separate)
Dlc mount flag (byte)
Mount priority (4 bytes)

I am not sure what the other stuff is. I'll take a look when I get home.

I have fixed some additional bugs in mod manager that should clear up some user issues related to bink and now list mount priorities in the custom dlc manager. That should help with your work significantly.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Here's a compatibilty pack build against:

1.074 of controller mod
0.9.1 of expanded galaxy mod

https://mega.nz/#!Cps33JzJ!NGm7ZaFE2ZTS ... pCf0UtAbqw

This compatibility pack should continue to function with higher versions of the controller mod, but I cant say how it will work with expanded galaxy mod updates in the future.