Creating a custom class aka using non native powers.

Discuss Mass Effect 2 mods and modding tools here.
forkinator

Creating a custom class aka using non native powers.

Post by forkinator »

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I hope this does not require pcc modding as i am terrible at it but what I am trying to do, is add the skill Pull to my Sentinel permanently. I already know you can bind console commands that add skills in temporarily but I want a more permanent solution. A lot of people have asked for a custom class mod or a mod that lets you add in skills of your liking to whatever class you are using. For instance, I really want to have a sentinel with biotic charge where the skill sticks. Currently, binding it to a key and doing it that way will make it so the skill disappears when you load a new area or exit the game.

Does anyone know how to do this? Where do i even start? I see a SFXCharacterClass_Adept.pcc and a SFXCharacterClass_Sentinel.pcc file in my cookedpc folder.

Looking inside those files shows a lot of values that are associated with each class. It seems (to me) impossible to do what I am asking but I hope I am wrong.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Creating a custom class aka using non native powers.

Post by Mgamerz »

If it is anything like ME3 it will be very difficult to make a permanent solution. The class files contain all the permanent powers, you would need to port all the powers exports to the old PCC including supporting ones. Relink all the names, etc. Far more trouble than anyone I know would go to, and we don't even know if it would fully work.
forkinator

Re: Creating a custom class aka using non native powers.

Post by forkinator »

I figured it would not be easy. Thanks for the info, sometimes you dig into things and find out they are way harder than you expect them to be. Especially for a noob like me.