I must be doing something wrong

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

Erik JS

Re: I must be doing something wrong

Post by Erik JS »

No, nothing else.

If PSE isn't crashing and the game still refuses to connect to it, you may also test it with something else... try to visit "me3.goscontent.ea.com/abcdef.txt" from your browser - if redirection is active, PSE will receive this and show a message about "file not found: abcdef.txt".
Boerewors

Post by Boerewors »

Ok. I reverted back to my old IP and did the test. It is still crashing and I received no message from PSE saying the file cannot be found. But I works if use the 127.0.0.1 IP. Will my friend be able to connect to my lobby using that IP?
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

127.0.0.1 means "this computer". Setting PSE to listen on 127.0.0.1, on your PC, will only handle connections from your PC.
Boerewors

Post by Boerewors »

In that case it seems I am screwed. Is really nothing else I could try? It has been a while since I played with a friend and I am itching for some competition. Could I ask, does IPv6 have something to do with it? Mine seems to be dissabled.
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

IPv6 settings don't affect the game, it works under IPv4.

Just to make sure that Setup.exe is detecting all (correct) IP's, run this from a cmd window:
netsh interface ipv4 show addresses

This will list all network interfaces and their respective IP's currently assigned to your PC. Does the netsh list match the IP list shown in 'Setup for Hoster'?
Boerewors

Post by Boerewors »

This is the response:

Configuration for interface "Local Area Connection 2"
DHCP enabled: No
InterfaceMetric: 5

Configuration for interface "Loopback Pseudo-Interface 1"
DHCP enabled: No
IP address: 127.0.0.1
Subnet Prefix: 127.0.0.1/8 (mask 255.0.0.0)
InterfaceMetric: 50

I'm guessing that this is not good because my IP is 168.192.0.1
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

You mean 192.168.0.1, right?

I can tell you that this is not how things show up here... this doesn't look like a PSE issue anymore and unfortunately I'm not sure how to fix this. :|

EDIT: for comparison, this is how things show up here in Windows 10 and 8.1 with virtual adapters from VBox/VMWare:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/wx6frk4gk7m4i4k/netsh.png
Boerewors

Post by Boerewors »

Thanks for the help mate. I will try to fix this. I know PSE runs with the 127.0.0.1 IP. I will try to look for the problem. Thanks again.