Friend's PC Can't Login

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

abitbitterbite

Friend's PC Can't Login

Post by abitbitterbite »

Ok, so everything works fine. I can do multiplayer missions solo, and so is my friend. We are trying to connect the two laptops via adhoc, after connected I set up hoster in my laptop, and client in his laptop (using the IP from chosen connection in hoster).

I can login in the game, and play solo but my friend's game asks for EA Login, even though he played the multiplayer solo before.

His IP address shows up in server player list, but there's no nickname, just gamestate (boot) or something.

and oh, he hasn't played the SP campaign yet, we just put the local_profile.sav in Documents/Bioware/Mass Effect 3/Save which we create ourselves (New Folder, not created by the game itself)..

EDIT: ok, so I try again, re-patch, create a new local_profile.sav, and it works on localhost (solo play), but it only shows up in player list as:

0 : IP(169.254.153.82) GameState(mainmenu) UserID(C8AF3E85) Name(zier) --> my profile.
1 : IP(169.254.113.218) GameState(boot) --> friend's profile

And after that, he try solo again (localhost), and EA login screen shows up again.

What is wrroooonnnngg?

Appreciate any input for solution.
Thank you beforehand.
Erik JS

Re: Friend's PC Can't Login

Post by Erik JS »

There's something odd here...

If your friend appears on the player list, then he should be able to log into PSE once the EA screen login comes up.

Recreate your friend's profile, but don't create a local_profile.sav (your friend will have to log in with username/password).

Is there an error message? What does it say?
abitbitterbite

Post by abitbitterbite »

Erik JS wrote:
Is there an error message? What does it say?
Thanks for replying.

There's no error message, he's fine playing on his own laptop (solo).

I (as hoster) can play solo just fine, when I open 'show players' it shows:

0 : IP(169.254.153.82) GameState(mainmenu) UserID(C8AF3E85) Name(zier) --> my profile.
1 : IP(169.254.113.218) GameState(boot) --> friend's profile

AND his game show [EA Login Screen] when he pick Multiplayer. After that, we try again solo on his laptop, and it's [EA Login Screen] again. I have to recreate his profile to gain access to multiplayer (only solo though)...

So, he just need to login into that?
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Well, yes.

Is he unable to log in? It's not that hard to figure out what to do once the login screen shows up... :?