Profiles suddenly got reset to total 0 and cannot edit them.

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

sebool112

Profiles suddenly got reset to total 0 and cannot edit them.

Post by sebool112 »

So, two days ago, I was playing ME3 on Server Emulator like normal. No problems, for what I think was over 3 months(except for one, which I posted here and was fixed).
But today, I launch the Emulator, open the game - and to be incredibly amazement - both of profiles I had got reset to 0. Literally happened on its own, no idea why. I guess that's not much of a problem, though, I can just edit the profiles, right?... Nope! When I try to edit a profile with the editor I get "Profile error. Cannot open this file.", no matter how I name my profiles. And yes, I started the game with each made profile, so that the first lines are made, but to no success. I even redownloaded the whole emulator and it keeps happening.

So, I'm begging you, help me! What could be reason for such weird, and unexpected turn of events? I'm at total loss of any idea as to why it would happen and what could ever fix this.
Erik JS

Re: Profiles suddenly got reset to total 0 and cannot edit t

Post by Erik JS »

I don't know how your profile was reset, but this can help finding out why the file causes PDE to show an error message:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2etgcon30wogo ... r.zip?dl=0 [A0]
This version uses a combination of AllocConsole + Console.WriteLine, so you'll be able to see debug output.

if the error line appears right after "ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Base", then it (mostly like) means your profile is empty (no credits, no inventory).

You cannot edit empty profiles. The required info has to be provided by the game because things can be customized through Coalesced. Though I see it may be better if from now on PSE creates a profile with minimal bogus info like it does with Local_Profile.sav, so it can be handled by PDE (and surely something else will break up with this...).
sebool112

Post by sebool112 »

Erik JS wrote:You cannot edit empty profiles.
No, no, no, I'm not that stupid ^^. I realized I have to play at least one match to make the profile generate *something*. I can access the profile .txt file and edit the class XP in generic notepad.

What really surprised me is that the file you sent me works as intended! I opened the editor and I could edit my profile! To say the truth, my antivirus went off a bit, when I opened the file(I turned off the protection to open it, because you'd have no interest in infecting just one random dude on the internet, I presume). While the Editor from Server Emulator folder still displays the same error. I have literally no idea what's going on... well, maybe my antivirus keeps blocking the original editor somehow, but it happens even if I turn off the antivirus, and even if I move the file around.
btw, the log from the file you sent me was this, but I think everything is working as intended here:

Code: Select all

ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Load file
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Header
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Base
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Class
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Chars
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / FaceCodes
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / NewItem
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Banner
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / ChallengeStats
ME3MP_Profile.InitializeFromFile / Done
To summarize: hat you sent me worked, the original editor file still doesn't and I have absolutely no idea why.
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Aside from the console window, the only difference between the latest released version and the one I linked above is this:

https://github.com/PrivateServerEmulato ... 4f6e467688