So, how often is PSE being worked on?

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

JunkoXan

So, how often is PSE being worked on?

Post by JunkoXan »

figured I'd ask. :D I'm still running that Beta build from last year I think? :lol: I'm no way complaining, just figure I'd see what's going on and what idea's may popped up from last year. :D

I need to get things moving on destroying my game even more. :) :lol: :twisted:

though I think that Galaxy Map Mod Kinko released is conflicting somewhere, I'll need to run through EA servers to find out exactly. :mrgreen:
Erik JS

Re: So, how often is PSE being worked on?

Post by Erik JS »

Well....... it's not being worked on as actively as before since I got a new job in April... I don't have any real "big" feature for a new release, but it's coming, just can't tell you when right now. The last big thing I worked on was host migration, it sort of works, but it's not complete. Last small thing I worked on was adding a new command line for MITM, but it doesn't work most of the time and I haven't been able to determine why (I think I'll have to use config file for this).

I also from time to time do some "unofficial" work... There are some special command packets which aren't used by the original game, but the EA servers respond to them (some interesting stuff I found here). The GaW server supports more components and commands than what is used by the original game (I didn't use this as extensively as the custom packets, but there's stuff to be found here).

There's also some "random" work I do... last week, I was investigating the Talon Mercenary ammo pack bug (the one where its icon disappears from the power list if you have cain mines and both arrow types assigned). I noticed that character data sent to the server was slightly different depending on if the bug is active (it seems there's some "invisible" powers when the bug is not active, I don't know where they come from yet). I tried to force the data correction through PSE, but it didn't work. On the other hand, I found an easy in-game fix: you have to reassign all powers, but you don't need to use 'reset powers', just enter the power assignment screen and click 'confirm'. The bug will be gone until you hit the main MP menu (if you're already in the main MP menu, the bug will return once you get back there after exiting a match or a lobby).

So I guess that's it, I wrote a lot of text and still don't have any definitive release date for you... :lol: but don't worry, there'll be another release. Feel free to ask anything in the meantime. ;)
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Wait you mean the talon Merc bug is serverside? I have spent days trying to fix that broken POS. On controller he barely even works.
JunkoXan

Post by JunkoXan »

sounds good, I'm not expecting a lot of releases to be honest. good stuff on the new job. :D so things are even more interesting showing, I'm curious as to how all that plays out. :)

Talon Merc being the Broken POS that he is, still op as hell though... so he must be salvaged! if possible. :D
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Mgamerz wrote:Wait you mean the talon Merc bug is serverside? I have spent days trying to fix that broken POS. On controller he barely even works.
At first sight, it looks like a server issue:
http://imgur.com/2ypf67e

As comma is used as separator for powers, the Talon Mercenary apparently has two empty power slots between MPMeleePassive and Consumable_Rocket, considering the ',,,' - it appears in all samples, except the first one, which comes from the server when cain mines and both arrow types are used. For some unknown reason, EA server ignores the empty slots when those three powers are set, that's why I thought it was a server-side problem. I "fixed" that with PSE's MITM, but it didn't work.

I also changed the power order in the AutoMapPC function, but it didn't work, the ammo pack still disappears even when it's not mapped to the 8th slot, so I'm discarding the possibility of anything else interfering with power mappings (anything that targets the "pc power wheel"). I'm now trying to track down which functions are executed when the Talon Mercenary is loaded for the first time in order to figure out how his powers are actually loaded.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

I've looked at how he loads. It seems he has a subclass of game mode default. But I see nothing that without change how his powers load. I Audi can't seem to change any of good keybinds on controller. In fact, setting a keybind in game makes him perform two actions at once rather than what the keybind does.

I'm curious to see what this file looks like in Xbox. I've never found the mp5 sfar though. I know how to write a decompressor for it.