Player variable mappings

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

Erik JS

Player variable mappings

Post by Erik JS »

Hopefully I'll be able to add missing items to Player Data Editor's list with this:

http://pastebin.com/z1QmnVA8

These are what you see as a bunch of hex characters in a player file (part of 'Base'), or in a decompiled coalesced, under "mpplayervariablemappings". This list was made using (in this order): vanilla coalesced, patch2 and balance changes (newer entries prevailing over older ones, while ignoring anything defined as type 4).

The list also includes unused ID's (we may be able to set up new weapons or kits with those without breaking the base game).

Chakram Launcher's ID was reassigned to a Batarian's power (powers have ID's in the inventory, though I still don't know why), so the remaining lost, defined ID's, are those of Polonium Rounds and Battlefield 3 Infiltrator (I assume the lone "bf3" after Battlefield 3 Soldier actually refers to her). There could be other things in there, that's why I'm posting this in the open, so anyone please leave your comment if you find something odd.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Re: Player variable mappings

Post by Mgamerz »

For modmaker I simply added new variables to the list. It seems to be some sort of inventory key in a database. Without those they don't show up. If you are interested, download a modmaker mod and decompile patch 2/retaliation/reckoning. There's also vibration damper gear from MP2.

The key doesn't seem to be specific, it just has to exist and be assigned in the store GaW inventory.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

The bf3 in that list you mention is actually about the pack named bf3 I think, as it is directly preceeded by starter, which is for starter pack. The BF3 one would be named InfiltratorHumanFemaleBF3. I have successfully just added her to the game. I am working out a few remaining bugs. Thanks for this list, I will use one of the unassigned slots.
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

I just made a test with id 900 under PSE, and the game properly sent 1802 characters of player variables (1802 / 2 = 901 => 0 to 900). Looking at the scripts, max supported id by the game is 1350 (edit: already tested). We have plenty of room for new kits, weapons, powers, store packs and whatnot.

Player Data Editor is hardcoded to 671 items (no more and no less) because I initially thought the game was hardcoded to that number... I'll change that for the next PSE release, so it'll only check if the player variables is composed of an even number of characters.
Mgamerz
Site Admin

Post by Mgamerz »

Thanks to you erikjs I have fixed the chakram launcher MP bug where it would unequip itself after loading and saving. Many users have messaged me thanks for it even though I wasn't trying to fix that bug. But apparently it was that bug.