Friend is having issue Connecting

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

Rhilinx

Friend is having issue Connecting

Post by Rhilinx »

My friend is having a weird issue connecting to the server the log itself just says:

Main Server Handler 2][Handler_9:*] Error:
IOException: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

any idea what could be occuring?
Erik JS

Re: Friend is having issue Connecting

Post by Erik JS »

I need more details on this... how are you playing? LAN? VLAN? For how long does your friend stay connected? Can you post the full log?

As far as I can tell this specific error "normally" happens when client closes the game and is not a problem with PSE.
Rhilinx

Post by Rhilinx »

He isn't able to connect at all when he gets in the mass effect 3 title screen, right after he presses any key i get the info in the server about his joining but shortly after it gives that error and then he is left in the main menu without being connected to the server. Any further attempt by him clicking multiplayer ends with a player timed out error in the server logs. We are running the server through VLan.

this is the Logs
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

No definite answer shows up on Google...

Have you tried switching roles with your friend (you = client, him = server)? Does the same error happen when he is running PSE?
Rhilinx

Post by Rhilinx »

Well this is weird it is working fine when he is the hosts now.