Cannot Login

Mass Effect 3 Private Server Emulator is a replacement for the Origin/Blaze backend that handles the online component of Mass Effect 3.

Moderator: PSE Developer

Hiro-Dark

Re: Cannot Login

Post by Hiro-Dark »

Nope, nothing doing. No change in the log from that one.
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

It's like the hosts is still unchanged, but you said you saw the changes with F7, so maybe there's something else interfering... I don't remember seeing anything like this before.

Check the hosts file to make sure Windows or whatever else isn't changing it back.
1) Make sure the startup/exit hosts check is enabled in pse\conf\conf.txt (AlwaysSkipHostsCheck=False).
2) Open PSE. F5, then F7.
3) Exit PSE. A message about hosts entries should appear -> say 'No' to leave them there.
4) Restart Windows.
5) Open PSE again. Another message about hosts entries should appear.

If no message appears on #3 or #5, then something is wrong...
Hiro-Dark

Post by Hiro-Dark »

I know for a fact the hosts file is being changed-I've checked the file itself(opening with notepad, as our good friend Google recommends) and the redirection stuff definitely IS there. The file itself is in the right place too, and after doing a bit of looking on my own I even checked the registry to make sure that Windows is looking in that spot for the hosts file(which it is), and I can confirm that PSE does give a notification about changing the hosts entries back before exiting it appears(and the same message appears if I turn PSE back on after neglecting to change it back).
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

Have you tried changing manually the hosts file? Something like "127.0.0.1 www.google.com" and then seeing if Google becomes inaccessible.

Speaking of 127.0.0.1, you may also try setting this IP up through Setup.exe (Setup for Hoster -> Loopback (127.0.0.1) -> Set IP and start Server). This shouldn't technically be any different than using your PC's own network adapter IP, but anything is worth a try at this point.

If you have Origin, you may add me there: ErikJS_BR.
Hiro-Dark

Post by Hiro-Dark »

I have tried setting the IP as 127.0.0.1, yeah, didn't have any change. Also, adding that thing with Google did not do anything, I'm afraid. Google still runs as normal. I took a look and apparently Proxy connection settings can make the Hosts File ignored so I looked around there but that's not doing it either. So it looks like the problem is that the hosts file just isn't working properly?

Also, apologies for taking so long to get back to you. I got a bit frustrated and decided to just play through the Single Player campaign for a while to blow off steam.

I do have a Origin account, though I'm still working on legitimately purchasing ME3 through there. Don't have any problems with paying for my games, just takes a while to get enough money in Wallet Codes sometimes, so for now the copy I'm using is a crack. To be honest even after I do purchase the game I'd still like to have this working...Playing with other people is great, but given as this is essentially a Horde Mode I think I'd like to try it solo sometimes, if that makes sense.
Erik JS

Post by Erik JS »

If you're up for one more test, then try to use an actual unknown hostname.
Open the command prompt.
Type "ping abc123" and press Enter.
Next, add "127.0.0.1 abc123" to hosts.
Go back to cmd and use "ping abc123" again.
«image»